CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my ctx will be delivered to dealer 27th. I have been riding bikes since early 70s. Trading in the wing and a minimal $ payment for the dct/abs model.
He says he does not have any delivery info on add ons yet. My guess by the time I get bike, he will have info. Done business with him for over 25 years.

My second bike is 75 Yamaha xs650. Vintage jap my favorites.
Had a 650 Burgman, liked that auto/manual trans, hope this one works as well.

Later, mike

·
Registered
975 Posts
Welcome Armdillo.

Alot of us on here, like me, are still waiting on a CTX and a good portion of us are former and current scooter owners. I know that there are at least three Burgman veterans on here now that you've joined in.

I've got a 2013 Piaggio BV350 sitting at a dealership, still for sale, with a trade deal pending. It's a great scooter; probably the best 300 class scooter ever built with respect to performance, long service intervals, and on-board storage. For me, with a long, daily, highway commute being my main need, I just couldn't pass up what the CTX700 has to offer for the long run.

Looks like you'll be riding before I do. My CTX700, standard transmission and brakes, in red is expected to be ready for pickup on August 10. I probably won't be able to take delivery until August 12. I've been waiting on this ride and trying to sell the scooter; not riding it so as not to pile up the miles since mid May. Honda promised the CTX in the Spring, but they did not state back then that it would be late Summer on the fairing model. My strategy has caused me to miss a good part of the riding season, but since my commute was putting 280 miles per week on the one-year-old scooter, I couldn't risk lowering the value even more by riding it until the CTX700 was available.

You've already stated that you're waiting on a DCT/ABS, but what configuration are you waiting on (model, color)?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am getting thefairing model, automatic with the abs. Will add taller windshield, bags and rear rack.
In red.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I am getting thefairing model, automatic with the abs. Will add taller windshield, bags and rear rack.
In red.
welcome to the forum, Mike/Armdillo

come the 27th you should have it all. very cool. I predict you will love it and want to hear your take on downsizing from a wing

1975 Yamaha SX650 is a great classic. They sold a ton of then in the states. They still show up on CL and Ebay. I had a couple of Yamaha bikes, SRX600, RD400. After getting my CTX in June, I picketed up an all original low mileage 1979 Honda CB650 4 cylinder middle weight classic 2 weeks ago. What a difference in the two bikes. I really like them both but like riding the CTX more. I may keep the 650 till it gets to 10k then sell it.

post a picture out and about on your new bike when you can.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This 650 sat for over 20 years. Had to cut ribbed tires off alum rims. Just got out of shop runs nice, starter gear is next. But it starts easily. All original, 'cept paint, even the seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts