CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a new 46 L. Shad trunk with Red (Garnat) color panel. The trunk bracket fit perfect with the factory luggage rack. Thought I might have to make a sub bracket since the rack seems small,but didn't. It was kind of dark last night ,but the color panel seems to be a good match. I have had the 40 L. cargo box before and loved it. With the hardbags and trunk, have plenty of hauling capacity. 700 with fairing.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Like they say.......without some pictures it never happened.
Lets see what it looks like.
A pic of the mounting bracket on the carrier would be nice too.
Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no pics

Sorry Vulcan,but I haven't mastered the art of sending pics. Have them in the pic album,but don't know how to send them. Too old to learn I guess.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Do you have them on your computer in an album, or on a website in an album? If it is on a website already somewhere else on the interweb it is a piece of cake to share them here.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry Vulcan,but I haven't mastered the art of sending pics. Have them in the pic album,but don't know how to send them. Too old to learn I guess.
Just paste them in the text box.

Reactions: Bazil and KA8ZYZ

·
Banned
463 Posts
Mario,
I'm sure you are not older than me and I eventually figured it out so.......PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
maybe try this,
take a picture
get it on your computer
open it with paint
resize it to 20 percent
save it under new name
sign in to this forum
put cursor on a new line for the picture to go here
use advanced
upload picture
tell it where you saved it.
upload
close window
click on icon to insert pic and use the down arrow
the picture you downloaded should be the only one showing
click on it
should see the attachment
now post the reply.

I wrote this from memory. make notes as you follow them till you get it to work.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I want to add a top case, can anyone tell me if I have to order backrest bracket part#08R71-MJF-A00ZP and rear carrier part#08L70-MJF-A00ZP. Thanks, I have fairing model with grab handles.

Robert

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I want to add a top case, can anyone tell me if I have to order backrest bracket part#08R71-MJF-A00ZP and rear carrier part#08L70-MJF-A00ZP. Thanks, I have fairing model with grab handles.

Robert
Yes. You have to add the backrest brackets and carrier to add a top box. Shop around a bit. The prices vary from dealer to dealer and parts houses.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Mario
Use the paperclip icon; a window opens; use the links to grab your pix. Easy.

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f:cool:

·
Registered
975 Posts
maybe try this,
take a picture
get it on your computer
open it with paint
resize it to 20 percent
save it under new name
sign in to this forum
put cursor on a new line for the picture to go here
use advanced
upload picture
tell it where you saved it.
upload
close window
click on icon to insert pic and use the down arrow
the picture you downloaded should be the only one showing
click on it
should see the attachment
now post the reply.

I wrote this from memory. make notes as you follow them till you get it to work.
Although some have stated or hinted to the OP that the process of taking pics and posting them are easy, fun and fast, the only way I've had success is to do it the way Bill has described above. In my mind, with my limited experience with manipulating digital data; this is not easy, fun, or fast. I think it is a real pain to get my own, individual pictures on this site, and although I understand the value of using pictures, I find myself putting it off very often and can relate to the OPs aversion to this process. I bet that it took me a full thirty minutes to post my first picture and that was after someone explained how to do it.

Rather than add to an entire page of criticizing and/or teaching the OP to give us a pic., I'll be the first to thank him or her for the information. Below is a link to click on for viewing a 46-liter Shad case mounted on an MC and another that shows a 46-liter Shad with various color panel choices. I feel that everyone can muster enough imagination to figure out what one would look like on a CTX700 or CTX700N in the absence of a pic showing one on the OP's bike, and it is much easier to post a link than it is to move a picture from one's camera, resize it, save it, rename it, and then choose it from the paper clip icon going back to the saved file that it was saved to. It can be done it two or three minutes with practice, as long as one has a resizing program on his or her computer and has experience with using it, but it's a real pain for those like myself that don't do alot of picture work otherwise.

Price at or about $244.

Shad SH 46 Scooter Motorcycle Top Case Luggage box - Blacktopmotorsport

Shad SH-46 Top Case

·
Registered
975 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm debating going with a Shad, Givi or the Bestem 2021. Since I'm putting out some cash on the Cee Bailey windshield I'm leaning toward going with the Bestem due to price (about $90).

I'm going to poke around on Ebay a bit and see what I can find. I was thinking the 46L would look too large on the bike- hubby has the 46L Givi on his Concours. I'm also looking at pic here on the site to see what a larger box looks like on the bike. I'd hate to go too small and regret it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm debating going with a Shad, Givi or the Bestem 2021. Since I'm putting out some cash on the Cee Bailey windshield I'm leaning toward going with the Bestem due to price (about $90).

I'm going to poke around on Ebay a bit and see what I can find. I was thinking the 46L would look too large on the bike- hubby has the 46L Givi on his Concours. I'm also looking at pic here on the site to see what a larger box looks like on the bike. I'd hate to go too small and regret it.
Kathy, if you look on the the Thread "9999 Club" there is a pic of the Bestem on the CTX700 Fairing bike. Hope this help! I recommend it but sure there are plenty of other goods too. I did have to put some 3M heavy duty electrical tape around the inside lip to ensure not rattle but that fixed it. Solid and it fits a Shoei Multitech laid on side.

·
Banned
463 Posts
IMG_20140122_125727_156.jpg ]

I recently bought a Kappa Monolock case K46N from Tour and Ride.
They currently are on sale for $159. It includes the universal mounting plate. You do need the rear carrier to attach it to.
I had a Givi 46 in the past and this case is very similar.
It does look good on the CTX, not oversize by any means. I have the Honda side cases without the colored side panels and I wanted a black top case so this worked out great.

Reactions: kathybrj

·
Registered
975 Posts
My biggest complaint about the Bestem 2012 would be the key / latch system. I found it to be sort of a hassle and not too easy to operate and really hard to latch and lock when I would stuff it really full.

I've owned a Givi which is the same sort of design, only a little better quality. It was nearly the same level of aggravation even though it seemed to operate just a little more smoothly. My main complaint with this type of system is that I don't like not being able to latch the case while leaving it unlocked. The Givi I had did not improve on my major complaint.

My current tool box just latches like a tool box with two latches. Plenty sturdy and plenty easy even when I stuff it crammed full. I've got a combination lock and lock it when I want to and leave it unlocked when I prefer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased and installed the Shad SH-45 over the weekend. The top box has the red cover plate and will fit two Givi helmets on their side with ease with a bit of room to spare for loose items. The mounting plate fit over the Honda luggage rack with ease. With the Honda hard side bags, it looks fit and finish in black. Well, once all of the red panels ship it will. :)

I highly recommend the SH-45 for this bike as I am very pleased with the construction, mount and the general aesthetics once it is installed on this particular bike.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks jfc77320,
I ordered parts from hondaparts-direct after checking with a couple of dealers whose prices were a bit more. Thanks also to Mario, I also ordered a 46L Shad Top Box. Everyone Ride Safe.
Robert

1 - 20 of 22 Posts