CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Very sorry to hear this Dave. Get well soon brother!

Reactions: Daddy Dave

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
:(Say It Isn't So, Bro...Wishful thinking...I've already missed your keen insights...keep in touch, when you're up to it...and most of all, Stay Strong in your Faith & Believe in His Promises for today and beyond!:love:

(plz be careful doing wheelies;))

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I'm waiting to see how you convert that into a trike! Hope the treatment is successful and you are back on your CTX before too long.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow, really sorry to see this. Hang in there and hope you get better soon.

·
Super Moderator
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
191 Posts
Sorry man! Mount a motor underneath and you’re all set, though. When folks at the doctor’s office complain about the fumes, just rev it and yell that you can’t hear them.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My best wishes to you Dave.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
So sorry to hear that Dave. I've been through several treatments myself, and I know the anxiety it invokes. Stay strong and lean on your family and faith. Praying for you.

Reactions: 350Four

·
Registered
424 Posts
So very sorry to hear that. I know that you will be back in the saddle soon. Prayers for a speedy and full recovery!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
howdy and best wishes to you.
it seems somewhat the same in that wer're standing there minding our own business and we get run over by the cancer train and the covid train which just ran me over at a really inconvenient time. my Dad might have mumbled " what a revolting development". because of my many risk conditions, i never expected to survive but here we are and my voice is not muffled by five feet of dirt.
again, all the best
ken

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of this Dave. It seems as though many of us here are of the age where these ailments can turn life threatening. I'll be praying your cancer is only a temporary setback on your trail of life. We need your reasoned voice and upbeat guidance on this site. All the best of luck to you and your family. Please stay in touch as you can and find the energy to do so.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I am also sorry to hear of your health problem. We have lost friends and family to this disease and some were young. You don't sound like a quitter so just keep fighting. It can be beat.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Yes, cancer truly does suck. Lost my sister to cancer a few years ago. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having problems, I never had problems with cancer other than Skin cancer but it's is a scary word any way you look at it. I hope you get well very soon, I have enjoyed knowing you through this forum, many of your comments and tips have meant much to me.
I guess all of the members here know that riding is a little more dangerous than some other types of transportation, while I ride I talk (pray) to my Lord mainly asking for safety and giving thanks, let me suggest you do the same while using your "new wheels". I'm with you in spirit, depend on God's love, ask Him to comfort you and give you safety during this time!
Your Friend!
Gary

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Home now, but my riding future is probably shot. CA DMV suspended my license. I"ll have to be certified by a licensed psychologist, appointed by DMV, then have certificate by a MD for the physical part, then retest both written and driving, and that's just for the 4 wheel part. Not selling "Kate" yet, but wondering if this was (it was) a wake up call. Happy to see daylight each morning, and optimistic that I have (hopefully ) a few more years. They did all they could with surgery, now comes the combo of Chemo and Radiation. 10 weeks before I can even begin to fill out the paperwork. Appreciate you support. Don't pray for me... pray for all the doctors who really want to seem me survive.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:(Say It Isn't So, Bro...Wishful thinking...I've already missed your keen insights...keep in touch, when you're up to it...and most of all, Stay Strong in your Faith & Believe in His Promises for today and beyond!:love:

(plz be careful doing wheelies;))
I remember being at Oaknoll Naval Hospital in Jan-Feb-March '68. some of the multiple amputees would have contests of who could hold a wheelie all the way down the ramps to the chow hall.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts