CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never rode a motorcycle before hopefully I'll get into the training class here in pa soon. I'm considering the 2014 ctx700 $3800. full fared. Or 2015 dct naked $5000, 2016 ctx dct $5400 naked.all brand new in a dealers ""warehouse" add 1400 to all of these for assembly ,prep taxes etc. Am I gettin a good deal on these bikes I like all they feel lighter than couple others I've sat on. And I could go without using a clutch and go with automatic till I get used to riding.any thoughts or feedback is appreciated

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi, Bigtroy. If it weren't a manual, I'd say the '14 is the steal here, but I just started riding less than 2 years ago myself, and I really like not having to think about shifting along with all the other things a new rider has to get used to. What part of PA are you in? I'm south of Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. Was expecting a lot of "it's up to you"s . I grew up in coatesville but live in Lancaster now. About 1 1/2 hours away from Philadelphia

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I've never rode a motorcycle before hopefully I'll get into the training class here in pa soon. I'm considering the 2014 ctx700 $3800. full fared. Or 2015 dct naked $5000, 2016 ctx dct $5400 naked.all brand new in a dealers ""warehouse" add 1400 to all of these for assembly ,prep taxes etc. Am I gettin a good deal on these bikes I like all they feel lighter than couple others I've sat on. And I could go without using a clutch and go with automatic till I get used to riding.any thoughts or feedback is appreciated
Welcome to the forum Bigtroy. A faired with DCT would be my only choice since it offers the greatest capabilities and bang for the buck. Add a taller, appropriately sized shield and some luggage and there's very little it wont do. Definitely the best commuter on the market. Adding a better seat will allow you to tour coast to coast. The N is a nice bike but it offers very little wind and weather protection. Most people find they need a windshield almost immediately. Even then, it doesn't provide near the protection of the faired.

The 2014 manual faired is an excellent buy. It would also serve you well in most cases.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm also a relatively new rider, and bought a used '14 faired version (DCT and ABS). So far I love it. I like the added protection from the "wind". Good luck and Welcome!

·
Registered
31 Posts
If the 2014 has low miles and is the dct, it’s a great deal. I own that same model and love riding it. It’s a great starter bike that you will enjoy for years. Take the course, go easy on the throttle and you’ll be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts