CTX 700 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, all. Glen from Minneapolis. I began riding last year at 55. My son and I got Vespas last spring but they were gateway drugs. By August we each had 2015 CTX 700 DCTs - found 2 used ones in adjoining counties, one with 1600 miles and one with 8k miles. I figured the automatic transmission aspect would make it feel like a bigger more powerful scooter. We love these bikes.

Do folks find they can go on longer trips comfortably with these bikes - at least without customization? My longest is 90 miles so far. I get a bit saddle sore after an hour or so. Do folks upgrade seats?
Have a couple longish rides since Feb when I bought mine. Suspension and add on's its about right where I want it for mile munching solo.

Mexico, still had the stock suspension the shock is useless otherwise it was a great platform

So Cal Crest overnighter, a wonderful platform to take in the scenery after shock upgrade.

We are looking at a weekend in the Santa Inez valley behind Santa Barbara this weekend.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, all. Glen from Minneapolis. I began riding last year at 55. My son and I got Vespas last spring but they were gateway drugs. By August we each had 2015 CTX 700 DCTs - found 2 used ones in adjoining counties, one with 1600 miles and one with 8k miles. I figured the automatic transmission aspect would make it feel like a bigger more powerful scooter. We love these bikes.

Do folks find they can go on longer trips comfortably with these bikes - at least without customization? My longest is 90 miles so far. I get a bit saddle sore after an hour or so. Do folks upgrade seats?
Yes definitely upgrade the seat. I've been riding 50 yrs and I upgrade seats on all of them.

·
Registered
Ash - 2016 700ND
46 Posts
Yes definitely upgrade the seat. I've been riding 50 yrs and I upgrade seats on all of them.
Agree. Did two long rides so far on a LAAM custom seat and was very comfortable. Noticed the same issue on the OEM. Once you find what’s most comfortable for you, you should have no problem going anywhere you decide the road takes you! Ride safe.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts