CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just got my CTX700 ABS DCT last night! Love it! Was wondering if any of you experienced owners could recommend a rear hard trunk that matches the red on my bike? Honda doesn't seem to offer one as an official accessory. Need something to get my laptop to/from work. Also, what other accessories do you guys find indispensable? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't have a rear trunk, other than my Cortech tail bag. For my laptop, I just strap on my backpack and go. You might also want an after market windshield. The one that came on my DCT is useless and I also hear the tall one from Honda doesn't cut it either. I just ordered one from Madstad and I know a few other people on here have a Cee Bailey and a few others different brands. Saddlebags are a good option as well, unless you have the ones from Honda for $1200.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Mario wrote yesterday about a Shad trunk he bought in red. Said it matched pretty well.
He said he hadn't figured out the picture posting yet.
I think you will also need the Honda rear carrier to mount it to. This would also be the case if you got a Givi trunk.
You might check the Honda saddlebags. They are not anywhere near $1200 as mentioned above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mario wrote yesterday about a Shad trunk he bought in red. Said it matched pretty well.
He said he hadn't figured out the picture posting yet.
I think you will also need the Honda rear carrier to mount it to. This would also be the case if you got a Givi trunk.
You might check the Honda saddlebags. They are not anywhere near $1200 as mentioned above.
Thanks for your help! Can any of these things be installed by a novice or does it require dealing installation?

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Amazon $89.95 with Free Shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Bestem-T-Box-TBOX-2012-RED-Motorcycle-Scooter/dp/B001O7CZB0

Bestem Model 2012 (also available in matching white). Forty-Two Liter. Included base mounted to pillion seat via lashing straps but could be easily mounted to virtually any rear rack as well.

Single key lockable/removable from base with single key operation and button (similar to Givi; just not as smooth). Brake light ready with wires. Comes with back pad and mount and hardware to mount to a rack. Low-end quality compared to more expensive cases but works and looks decent ( color matches). Locking system is a little cumbersome but works and does not come loose inadvertently. Secondarily, I use backrest for support as mounted. Can adjust mount slightly back or forward by repositioning the mounting base via lashing straps as per my setup. Height inside case could be an issue for some very large helmet shells. Mine fits vertically with less than an inch to spare (Shoe Quest X-small). I do not mount bike from rear, so T-Box position not an issue for me. I have not attempted wiring so don't know how well that works. Posted elsewhere by another member that it is only set up for brake light; not tail light but could be upgraded with relay.

Reposted from a previous thread.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts