CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new owner in Northern Ontario here sold my 05 FJR1300 and came across someone local selling a really nice 14 CTX700. Well what a nice bike this is and what I was looking for just to relax and cruise on - I am really enjoying this bike came with floor boards a Corbin seat with backrests an adjustable windshield and Bluetooth speakers just wanted to say hi all

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi Phil. Welcome! Nice to have another Ontarian on site, and another Phil at that! How far north are you? Looks a bit like Lake Superior in the background. Very nice looking ride.
Phil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phil. Welcome! Nice to have another Ontarian on site, and another Phil at that! How far north are you? Looks a bit like Lake Superior in the background. Very nice looking ride.
Phil
Hi Phil I am in Sault Ste Marie and you are correct that is Lake Superior in the background where are you located ?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi Phil I am in Sault Ste Marie and you are correct that is Lake Superior in the background where are you located ?
Hi Phil; I'm in Ottawa. One of the members will likely post a greeting and include details as to how you can update your profile to include where you are from, as well as other details. Have travelled through your area a few times bringing family back from the west, as well as having flown in several times for meetings. A buddy rode the Superior route and I too would like to do that in the next 2-3 years. Roads are generally very good and constrant view the the lake is incredible.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome, nice looking bike with top quality accessories. If only the CTX had the 6.6 US Gal tank the FJR1300 had on it, you would not have to look for a gas station up until around 360 miles or more. There are people here with over 100,000 miles on them with no issues including the DCT’s and the standard shift models I believe are bullet proof reliable. Bragging rights for this bike is how cheap and reliable it is to own and operate.(y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Phil; I'm in Ottawa. One of the members will likely post a greeting and include details as to how you can update your profile to include where you are from, as well as other details. Have travelled through your area a few times bringing family back from the west, as well as having flown in several times for meetings. A buddy rode the Superior route and I too would like to do that in the next 2-3 years. Roads are generally very good and constrant view the the lake is incredible.
Yes beautiful ride around the Lake I have done it a few times but just make sure to bring warm riding gear even in July and August if you ever plan on riding it as the weather off that big lake is very unpredictable. You are from a nice area around Ottawa a lot of nice riding up there if your ever over this way give me a shout

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, nice looking bike with top quality accessories. If only the CTX had the 6.6 US Gal tank the FJR1300 had on it, you would not have to look for a gas station up until around 360 miles or more. There are people here with over 100,000 miles on them with no issues including the DCT’s and the standard shift models I believe are bullet proof reliable. Bragging rights for this bike is how cheap and reliable it is to own and operate.(y)
Thanks and nice to hear how reliable the CTX is and your right a little bigger tank would have been nice but it gives a good enough distance that a break and stretch is always good - coming off my FJR its a totally different ride but I mean that in a good way - it’s very relaxed and I am really enjoying it
I have the manual transmission model and it’s very smooth with a nice light clutch pull so for me two thumbs up so far 👍👍

·
Registered
799 Posts
The industry tires to get 180 miles per tank on a motorcycle, and most tanks are sized to that. Larger tank would mean more weight, as well as a change in other dynamics. 180 miles per tank is good. Harley's now defunct VRSCD had a 5 gal tank that got the same mileage.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I hate stopping for gas!! I usually keep a couple cans of gas in the garage for the riding mower and generator and top the tank off to avoid stopping to do it down the road. Starting out with a full tank allows me to not give fuel a second thought and contributes to the Zen or meditative experience of turning everything off and not worrying about anything for the length of the ride. At 6 pounds per gallon I think Honda could have found the room for one more gallon to extend the range another 60 miles to help separate it from the rest of the herd. Soon as it gets near the last bar it drives me crazy and I have to stop and fill up even though I have a 60 mile cushion.
I have the data GonzoB supplied printed and taped to the cover of the storage pocket along with tire pressures to match to the sensors I have installed because I am old and forgetful. Having real time water temp, tire pressure, battery voltage and the correlation of fuel bars to gallons provide me with a worry free ride.

Tank Level Sensor Data dash1.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts