CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks!

Just bought a red CTX700D this weekend. Sure is fun.

We also each have a Buddy scooter (mines 150, wifes is 125) and an 87 Honda Helix 250.

The Honda is a replacement for a Scarabeo 500ie that was totaled when I went down by a sudden gust of wind (90mph!). Decided a lowside was much better than a pole and barbed wire...

So far we love it. It's low center of gravity and dual clutch make it easy to use in town, but it's capable of touring which we want to do more of. We did take the 'beo on a trip 2 up to TX last year, and it performed very admirably. However I'm looking forward to having a twin instead of a single thumper under there.

I expect a lot of flak from my scooter buddies AND my MC friends due to the DCT, but I got a decent deal and it is a good looking, long-lasting bike.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the board and your new bike....There are many scooter guys on here that have made the switch....and many with the auto trans...Enjoy and Ride Safe....

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love the DCT.

I only bought the DCT version so I could get ABS. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like the DCT and how well it works.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't worry about the what others think. Just enjoy the CTX. I love mine. The DCT is the best part.

·
Registered
329 Posts
welcome!

Don't tell your riding buddies anything about CTX700- They will eventually notice you never move your left hand. Better yet, tell them to take it for a spin but don't show them how to "make it go". They will be speechless!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
no, don't let anyone ride it. Maybe let them sit on it as a tease. Especially their wives. keep the details to yourself for awhile. When they see you riding it one handed just smile. You should have fun keeping it somewhat of a secret. If you sound like a salesman for it than all is lost. my 2 cents.

ralphthewrecker said pretty much the same thing. like minds ..lol

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome, Skully

Have lots of fun; these are great bikes. Transitioned from an Xciting 500 Ri easily -- and this bike is a ballerina compared to that sled.

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Welcome Skully. Why keep it a secret? I love selling this bike to anyone who shows an interest and there is quite a bit of interest. I always get the inevitable "can I ride it"? The answer is always the same. "NOPE"!

·
Registered
329 Posts
jfc is right of course. I lied. I am always telling other motorcyclists "wanna see a magic trick?" Then I ride around in a circle waiving my left hand goodbye as I ride away. They just shake their heads of course.

Manual shifters... what do THEY know? :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any flak you receive will certainly be worth every moment in the saddle. I've quite a few miles on mine just now, and over 45 years on two wheels, and I do hereby state that this is the best yet.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice. reading the forum I know I made a good choice!

It's supposed to be pretty nice this weekend, hoping to go out and put a few miles on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts