CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2014 CTX700 with 2054 miles on it about a month ago. Came with Hondaline bags, sissybar/luggage rack and a nice wind screen already installed. Also a nice feature is a USB power plug located in the little glove box as well as one located on the left rear frame just above the side case.

Purchased from the original owners son. Owner had recently passed away from a sudden illness and the son had two small kids with a wife that didn't like bikes.... so here I am.

I'm 69, been riding on and off for 55yrs and also own a Honda VT1300CT. I really enjoy both bikes but the VT is getting heavy and cumbersome for any kind of slow speed riding such as around town. On the highway it's a dream.

The moment I started the test ride on the CTX I was smitten. The bike handles superbly, has plenty of power for my uses and I can flick it around like a toy.. It handles the interstate well but after about 75mph the light weight starts to show up. Nothing terrible at all but after the rock solid feel of the VT1300 at that speed there's a obvious difference in comfort level.

I've purchased a center stand and cover for it and will be installing the center stand this week.

As the longest trips I take are around 200 miles, the CTX will suit me just fine. Very pleased with my purchase!

· Super Moderator
1,156 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

· Premium Member
863 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Us older (I'm 81) riders really like the CTX700 for the reasons you mentioned. Enjoy the bike, and ride safe.
(y)

Reactions: Forestgiant

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Like many people you came to the bike as a downsize from a larger one. I got mine as an upsize from a Vulcan 500 but can appreciate what a larger heavier bike would be like at higher speeds on long rides, but the CTX does just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts