CTX 700 Forum banner

New Honda owner in Indy

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  USN_Lifer 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I purchased the first CTX-700 sold from Dreyer Honda in Indy. I've owned it for about 2 months now and loving it.

#3 ·
USN LIFER, welcome aboard (is that sort of Navy talk? or does USN mean something else. lol) from USArmy Vet (non lifer) who is still alive.

Great you got the first one. Makes if more fun to say that. I got the first one sold in Chico, Ca. so 50 days today owned. 1600 miles on it after
my evening ride to a burger joint 27 miles away.

Hope you like the forum.

#5 ·
Welcome to a very friendly group. Coincidentally, my wife and I are in Indiana today. We left Tampa, Fl. Thursday. We stayed the night in Fisher at the Hampton Inn and should be in MI early. Her CTX700D is running like a top. Handles great on the open road and feels very planted at highway speeds. No issues at all for her. Honda has done well engineering this motorcycle. 200 miles on a tank at 75mph to 80 mph most of the time.

#6 ·
Hi everyone. Thanks for the greetings! Yes, the "USN" stands for USN Navy. I retired after 20 years back in 2009.

Here is a pic of my CTX. I posted this is the "Appearance" thread as well. I just added the backrest last month. It is the standard/manual model.

#9 ·
I did mine in San Diego,1974.
Never left, worked as corpsman at NTC-recruit training for 4 years.
I went to bootcamp in "Great Mistakes" in 1989, followed by Hospital Corps School right across the street. Went to San Diego for Pharmacy Tech school in 1990 then headed out to the FMF (green side) for the rest of my career. I did about 10 years with the Marines, 7 years in hospitals/clinics, and 3 years as an instructor at CNL. I loved every bit of it. Nice to meet some shipmates here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.