2014 honda CTX 700, 2002 CBR 954, 2012 Can Am spyder RT Limited
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the boards installed. Took me a few minutes to figure out how the springs worked but with a little help from some needle nose pliers to maneuver the pin and a rubber mallet to tap the pin in place it all slid right together and function perfectly. The entire job too maybe 45 minutes and the end results are more then amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have similar floorboards. Does anyone else find that their feet slip off in the direction of down and to the back of the bike?
My left foot is full on the floorboard and never slips. Oddly my right foot has a built in memory of riding my Buell and it tends to hug the bike, toe in, kind of sitting on the outside of my foot. Even if I position it flat it eventually moves itself back to that position. But, never slips off.

Hope you like them, makes a world of difference IMHO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got my new floor boards in today. I will install them this weekend. I looked them over and the quality seems supreme. I also went with the black adapters as well.
Jim.
Those look great! I have the same mini boards(Kuryakyn #7579 Amazon). I ordered the larger 8" version too,but they were bigger than I needed and seemed to flop around once installed,so I returned them. My question is this: The only adapters I found were chrome not black. I did order black ones for Honda,but I think they were designed for the passenger as they would have been a rigid mount(no spring load in case the bike fell over). So,do your boards rotate using the OEM springs,and where did you purchase your black mounts? I would have preferred them,but even the manufacturer didn't seem to offer them.I did return the black ones to Amazon as well as the larger boards.
Oh,and you will enjoy the boards and have good access to rear brake. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The floor boards are made by Huryakyn part number 7579 (119.69)
Kuryakyn Gloss Black Premium Mini Floorboards without Adapters - 7579 | JPCycles.com
The adapters are 8863 (35.99)
Kuryakyn Splined Peg Adapters - 8863 | JPCycles.com
I have not done it yet, but from my understanding they are a direct bolt on and no modifications needed.
Hope this information can help others.
Jim
According to JP's website,these adapters do not fit the CTX. Did you install? Do they rotate when pushed up? If so,great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those look great! I have the same mini boards(Kuryakyn #7579 Amazon). I ordered the larger 8" version too,but they were bigger than I needed and seemed to flop around once installed,so I returned them. My question is this: The only adapters I found were chrome not black. I did order black ones for Honda,but I think they were designed for the passenger as they would have been a rigid mount(no spring load in case the bike fell over). So,do your boards rotate using the OEM springs,and where did you purchase your black mounts? I would have preferred them,but even the manufacturer didn't seem to offer them.I did return the black ones to Amazon as well as the larger boards.
Oh,and you will enjoy the boards and have good access to rear brake. Thanks for any help.
j&P cycles have the black adapters

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to JP's website,these adapters do not fit the CTX. Did you install? Do they rotate when pushed up? If so,great!
I was concerned as well but they fit perfectly, and move fluidly. I think the reason they say they may not fit is when you put the spring back in, it don't fit to well but discovered if you filled it over it would go in and they work perfectly.
jim

·
Registered
23 Posts
The floor boards are made by Huryakyn part number 7579 (119.69)
Kuryakyn Gloss Black Premium Mini Floorboards without Adapters - 7579 | JPCycles.com
The adapters are 8863 (35.99)
Kuryakyn Splined Peg Adapters - 8863 | JPCycles.com
I have not done it yet, but from my understanding they are a direct bolt on and no modifications needed.
Hope this information can help others.
Jim
I put on the Kuryakyn boards awhile back, and played with the angle until comfortable, which in my case is tilted higher in the front. Only complaint I have is that they stick out so far from the engine. My feet want to rest closer to the motor. But I suppose that's just me...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts