CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I took my CTX to Laminar LLC and Andy fitted his trademark laminar lip desgn....AND it works.
I test rode 3 different designs. The main difference was in the width and body buffeting of the 3 designs. I ended up with the wide version.

Without the Lip, my head was forced down and I had to look through below the top of the screen. Now my head and sightline is well above the top of the screen. I don't yet have accurate fuel consumption comparisons but it does appear that the mileage I lost with the tall screen has been recovered.:D

Andy took some pictures so he can share those with you if you are after a windscreen that works.

BTW, Andy took my short windshield so he can make a design for it as well.

Cheers!

Lew

·
Registered
139 Posts
I emailed Andy at Laminar about getting one like DrLew's. He said "we are not quite ready and will have it online as soon as we are." I invited him to post the pics DrLew referred to on this forum but he expressed concern about member's reactions to advertising. I guess we bookmark his site and check often!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Update from Andy at Laminar:
"We finally got the CTX700 LIPs on the website, no photos yet on the short shield but the standard LIP fits both the short and the tall."

·
Registered
84 Posts
That second picture on the Laminar site looks like the one I had on my bike.

It helped a bit, but not enough for me. I've gone back to the short shield and given up on using the CTX as a tourer.

If Honda comes out with a proper touring bike under 700 pounds, I'll trade the CTX for a new Honda. If Honda offers us nothing again this year, I'll trade the Wee Strom for a Triumph Trophy and keep the CTX for puttering about on the backroads.

CTX700 - TennesseeSmith's Photos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts