CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!
I was riding motorcycles in my youth but didn't ride for about 15 years. Decided to start riding again and came across CTX700 while researching for a bike. I was too late to pull the trigger on some good deals but finally found a 2016 DCT model, which I bought about a month ago.
Planning to take it slow and take few MSF courses before taking it to mountains.
Ride safe everyone!

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Reactions: revski and wick

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
721 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Out of curiosity, which mountains are you aiming for? A few of us love the "minor mountains" of the Appalachians, and I've been in and out of them from West Virginia to Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
497 Posts
As 350Four points out there is a specific order for turning the bike off which needs to be followed. That and other fun-filled facts, like how to check the oil level, can be found by reading the whole owners manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum! Out of curiosity, which mountains are you aiming for? A few of us love the "minor mountains" of the Appalachians, and I've been in and out of them from West Virginia to Pennsylvania.
Thank you for the welcome!
I'm in Georgia and was referring to north GA/ western NC mountains.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone! There is lot of information in the forum and will check them, for sure. Previous owner added lot of accessories including floor boards, engine guard, luggage guard, etc. and I added a top box. For now, I plan to keep it that way. May remove the luggage guards. Going through the owners manual and the service manual these days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts