CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!
I'm excited to be a part of the CTX community. I have a 2014 CTX700D.

I decided to join this forum to learn from others as much as I can and hopefully meet like minded people to ride together.

I am based out of Kern county , California. Any riders near or far please connect, and hopefully we can have a nice ride!

Thanks,
RRD

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: RedRidingDude

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Welcome,
Ride and be safe.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It appears you have a virgin DCT with no accessories. Search the forum for info on possible upgrades. Think long term so everything fits together to give you the final result you are looking for. I started with a naked and ended up with this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It appears you have a virgin DCT with no accessories. Search the forum for info on possible upgrades. Think long term so everything fits together to give you the final result you are looking for. I started with a naked and ended up with this.
I see a windshield

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
howdy
that's a stock tall windshield which was probably original as ordered new.
welcom to the forum
ken

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Yes, I am a new rider. I had a Yamaha R3 before, but I ended up selling it to make room for the CTX. My total riding experience has been about 400 miles, on street and some back roads. Never rode the highways.
Welcome & congratulations! Highly recommend MC Rider on you tube & MSF type training, when available (they say "the more you know, the better it gets").
Also; Honda says: w/DCT, shift to neutral before shut off. Lots of info here on just about everything CTX700. Stay well & safe & ENJOY!(y)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome & congratulations! Highly recommend MC Rider on you tube & MSF type training, when available (they say "the more you know, the better it gets").
Also; Honda says: w/DCT, shift to neutral before shut off. Lots of info here on just about everything CTX700. Stay well & safe & ENJOY!(y)
Good luck on and with the new bike Red.

Agree entirely on Mcrider on YouTube. Great resource for new and experienced riders. Funny, recently I've been trying to master trail braking and he is introducing that into his series as of late. Very helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats on your new bike. I got mine 2015 CTX700N yesterday with 256 miles on it. Bought from dealer about 20 miles from my house. I rode it back, so much fun and so easy to control. Only thing that I wonder was the sound when I shifted the gear was loud. Is it suppose to be like that? Today I rode again about 40 miles. Felt so good get to ride again after 40 years. Glad to join the group. My question is how do you secure your bike when parking at the store or restaurant? Disc Break Lock or security system?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on your new bike. I got mine 2015 CTX700N yesterday with 256 miles on it. Bought from dealer about 20 miles from my house. I rode it back, so much fun and so easy to control. Only thing that I wonder was the sound when I shifted the gear was loud. Is it suppose to be like that? Today I rode again about 40 miles. Felt so good get to ride again after 40 years. Glad to join the group. My question is how do you secure your bike when parking at the store or restaurant? Disc Break Lock or security system?
That's great man! 256 miles is like brand new. Yes, I hear a little bit of clunking when the bike shifts to D from N. I looked up on the internet, and I think that it is normal for DCT to have that unmistakable clunk(from the actuator). Other than that its just usual gearshift sounds that are comparable to my previous manual bike.

I have some video gear coming in this week. I will record and post some videos and sound measurements in dBs so that maybe we can compare some data.

Also, what's your planned maintenance interval for this bike? Oil changes, tires, etc?

-
Red

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is 6 speed manual shift. Anyway, please share video after you got you gear. About maintenance, I have to bring it in when hits 1,000 miles after the break-in. They have to check some stuff. I more like to bring it to the dealer where I got it from. I just ordered a "Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S2 Black Commuter Sport Motorcycle Tail/Seat Bag" from Amazon. I will update the picture after I get in installed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Search preload.

Reactions: RedRidingDude
1 - 19 of 19 Posts