CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not that the world actually needs another 1800 cc cruiser in the $25K+ price range, but it looks like we're one step closer with this second generation R18/2 concept bike. It looks more like a production bike than a concept. At least it is eye candy, to my eyes anyway. YMMV.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can those cylinder heads be any further out?

Wait, they obviously needed a place for passengers and got some inspiration...
At least it appears to have self-canceling turn signals.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Forward pegs are a must for this style bike and they are impossible to do. This is a total fail!
I have no interest in this bike whatsoever, but I'm wondering on what basis do you declare that forward pegs are a "must?" All I see is a latter-day, evolutionary boxer arrangement that BMW has used for nigh on a century, none of which do I recall having forward pegs.
:nerd:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
It was compared to a tractor motor before, now literally a tractor motor with that engine capacity.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
I have no interest in this bike whatsoever, but I'm wondering on what basis do you declare that forward pegs are a "must?" All I see is a latter-day, evolutionary boxer arrangement that BMW has used for nigh on a century, none of which do I recall having forward pegs.
:nerd:
It's not the basis of the engine you set up ergonomics on a bike, but rather the bike itself. It is a classic low - custom - dragster cruiser bike, all of which have forward pegs or like Harley are forward peg ready but equipped with mid for short people out of the crate. This hideous engine is not only ugly, but makes it impossible to have forward pegs. Hence a total fail.

Yes, BMW with the same old engine they use, dropped it into the wrong bike. And you wonder why it is just a rendering, not even a concept, not real what so ever.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
It's not the basis of the engine you set up ergonomics on a bike, but rather the bike itself. It is a classic low - custom - dragster cruiser bike, all of which have forward pegs or like Harley are forward peg ready but equipped with mid for short people out of the crate. This hideous engine is not only ugly, but makes it impossible to have forward pegs. Hence a total fail.

Yes, BMW with the same old engine they use, dropped it into the wrong bike. And you wonder why it is just a rendering, not even a concept, not real what so ever.
Sorry, but I've only been a motorcycle enthusiast since 1958, but I'm not sure what exactly is a "classic low - custom - dragster cruiser bike" which you say all of which have forward pegs. I'll give you the cruiser out of hand, but certainly not the dragster bikes. Can you cite a few examples of feet forward dragsters as well as some of your other parameters as well? TIA!
:D

·
Registered
494 Posts
Not foot forward in this pic:

I can't see any way this actually gets to production.

That Team America stuff is funny as sh*t.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You got to give them credit for thinking outside the box how to integrate foot warmers....
You said it in jest, but on a warm day on my R1200R my feet don't receive any cooling air.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Sorry, but I've only been a motorcycle enthusiast since 1958, but I'm not sure what exactly is a "classic low - custom - dragster cruiser bike" which you say all of which have forward pegs. I'll give you the cruiser out of hand, but certainly not the dragster bikes. Can you cite a few examples of feet forward dragsters as well as some of your other parameters as well? TIA!
Yamaha drag star( you are obsessed with some spelling error's really?)

Cruiser with common stock drag bar, example mean streak:

Harley Low rider s:

Sportster Low:

Yamaha Custom:

Kawasaki Custom:

Vulcan Classic:

I said classic cause they are of the most common besides it being a variation itself. Dragstar, custom, low, dyna, soft tail, and even classic all are variations of cruisers with their own different qualities. What do they all have in common? Forward controls, with the exception of Harleys having both forward and mid mounts! I guess you haven't learned all or any of the many different variations of cruisers all this time?

Let's not forget the M109, stryker and vrod that this bike is actually in class with, muscle cruiser!

And again, all have forward controls!

Not foot forward in this pic:

I can't see any way this actually gets to production.

That Team America stuff is funny as sh*t.
That looks uncomfortable as sin!

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Yamaha drag star( you are obsessed with some spelling error's really?)
....{snip}

Quite the spelling error there dude. But clearly, I'm not the obsessive one here. I told you I'd give you the cruisers, so your "proofing" was quite unnecessary.

However, the boxers are a class unto themselves, and if BMW decides to move forward with this beast, not having feet forward pegs is not going to be the death knell for it.

You best work on proof reading your posts when you are trying to be so pontifical in your assertions for us, the great unwashed masses.
>:)>:)>:)

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Quite the spelling error there dude. But clearly, I'm not the obsessive one here. I told you I'd give you the cruisers, so your "proofing" was quite unnecessary.

However, the boxers are a class unto themselves, and if BMW decides to move forward with this beast, not having feet forward pegs is not going to be the death knell for it.

You best work on proof reading your posts when you are trying to be so pontifical in your assertions for us, the great unwashed masses.
>:)>:)>:)
Really now? Try rereading your own work...

I can have the cruisers, that is a cop out since you have been proved way wrong.

Boxers are typically standards because of their bad engine design, it leaves little to no choice for anything else. Boxer class again is engine only...not bike.

Get over yourself with the dragster comment, your lack of awareness of the motorcycle community is not my fault. Be real for a minute. How many dragsters are sold from factory? How many dragsters are built from factory? And how many dragsters are street legal? The answer is NONE to all three! So it should be apparent that there was an error in the comment that you clearly didn't/couldn't catch. That is also obvious since you had no idea what the other models where either...

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Really now? Try rereading your own work...

I can have the cruisers, that is a cop out since you have been proved way wrong.

Boxers are typically standards because of their bad engine design, it leaves little to no choice for anything else. Boxer class again is engine only...not bike.

Get over yourself with the dragster comment, your lack of awareness of the motorcycle community is not my fault. Be real for a minute. How many dragsters are sold from factory? How many dragsters are built from factory? And how many dragsters are street legal? The answer is NONE to all three! So it should be apparent that there was an error in the comment that you clearly didn't/couldn't catch. That is also obvious since you had no idea what the other models where either...
I wasn't wrong, but I did dare to ask a question of your posted comment. And it isn't my job to read your mind, just to read your published words. This has been great fun tonight. But I think that most folks would agree that a regular response would have been something like, "Sorry Bob, I didn't mean "dragster" I meant Yamaha's DragStar cruisers." And that would have ended it right there.

Lighten up Reb, you'll enjoy life a whole lot better. Nobody will suffer physical pain over this, we're just talking motorcycle stuff. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
I wasn't wrong, but I did dare to ask a question of your posted comment. And it isn't my job to read your mind, just to read your published words. This has been great fun tonight. But I think that most folks would agree that a regular response would have been something like, "Sorry Bob, I didn't mean "dragster" I meant Yamaha's DragStar cruisers." And that would have ended it right there.

Lighten up Reb, you'll enjoy life a whole lot better. Nobody will suffer physical pain over this, we're just talking motorcycle stuff. ;)
You where wrong, how can a bike that is not produced be qualified into a standard model release? It was an obvious error and I cleared it up.

It isn't the job of reading ones mind. It is reading comprehension skills, most notably here is "Reasoning and Background Knowledge". If someone was to use you are, your, you're, to, two, too etc. In the wrong context, do you also give them a hard time?

You could have also said, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to instigate a typo? Or I'm sorry, I think you are mistaken. Or I'm sorry I see that mistake. But you didn't, you challenged and continued to harp.... People and their feelings, a real sad place full of weak people that we live with today...Adult Up, I do not cater to the weak!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts