CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Peter and live in Kalispell, N.W. Montana. Come visit our State on your bike if you can sometime, it’ll rock your socks off!! I’ve had 8 bikes in my lifetime, two Yamaha’s, three Harley’s, and the CTX pictured below is my third Honda. Arthritis in both wrists caused me to start researching the Honda with DCT… Wow, was I glad when I found one, a pre-owned, 2014 with 7,300 original miles on it! I’ve been riding since I was 15 and turn 68 later this month. I stumbled onto this forum by accident (or fate ), and really love hearing about and from, other men and women that ride; why they ride, what they’ve learned about riding and so on. For years now I’ve been telling people that I don’t ride a motorcycle for reasons of transportation… This often brings a ‘furrowed brow’, but before they can respond I tell them it’s my ‘therapy’… I’ve also learned that my best ride is usually on the ‘road less traveled’, not downtown but that’s just me… I enjoying being prepared for the unexpected so I carry a backpack that includes a swimsuit, field glasses, snack, and other items… If I pass a lake and feel in the mood, I jump in! If I see an eagle, bear, pass a waterfall or some other natural notable, I’ll stop and check it out… I cruise at a speed comfortable for me and it’s usually slow enough to make a stop as I was just saying…Like others have said, riding keeps a person so in the moment! Two weeks ago my new Scorpion helmet with a tinted visor arrived so I’m wearing that now regularly also… Anyway, enough blabbing from me, I will endeavor to stay in touch. I’m stoked to be part of this awesome forum! Anyone else out there from NW Montana? Happy trails you all, God ’s blessing on you - especially while riding, and safety first.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

-Peter & g/son Gavin, Kalispell Montana

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Hi, my name is Peter and live in Kalispell, N.W. Montana. Come visit our State on your bike if you can sometime, it’ll rock your socks off!! I’ve had 8 bikes in my lifetime, two Yamaha’s, three Harley’s, and the CTX pictured below is my third Honda. Arthritis in both wrists caused me to start researching the Honda with DCT… Wow, was I glad when I found one, a pre-owned, 2014 with 7,300 original miles on it! I’ve been riding since I was 15 and turn 68 later this month. I stumbled onto this forum by accident (or fate ), and really love hearing about and from, other men and women that ride; why they ride, what they’ve learned about riding and so on. For years now I’ve been telling people that I don’t ride a motorcycle for reasons of transportation… This often brings a ‘furrowed brow’, but before they can respond I tell them it’s my ‘therapy’… I’ve also learned that my best ride is usually on the ‘road less traveled’, not downtown but that’s just me… I enjoying being prepared for the unexpected so I carry a backpack that includes a swimsuit, field glasses, snack, and other items… If I pass a lake and feel in the mood, I jump in! If I see an eagle, bear, pass a waterfall or some other natural notable, I’ll stop and check it out… I cruise at a speed comfortable for me and it’s usually slow enough to make a stop as I was just saying…Like others have said, riding keeps a person so in the moment! Two weeks ago my new Scorpion helmet with a tinted visor arrived so I’m wearing that now regularly also… Anyway, enough blabbing from me, I will endeavor to stay in touch. I’m stoked to be part of this awesome forum! Anyone else out there from NW Montana? Happy trails you all, God ’s blessing on you - especially while riding, and safety first.
View attachment 88737
Welcome to the forum, Peter. Your reasons for riding parallel my own. The wind therapy continues to keep me riding at 80 years old. Lots of good information, advice, and warmth on here. Explore the forum sections for places to share pics and info of your activities. I'll bet the area is beautiful out there. That's a nice looking bike(y), and the DCT is great for us arthritic sufferers. Ride safe.:)
By the way, I have a Hyundai Santa Fe also. Love that ride too.;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
View attachment 88737
Hi Peter,I've been telling people for years that I have to go on my therapy machine ,which means a cycle ride.Ya,they look at me and think ya right.I'm 68 and have MD.The CTX fits me good.When I get a hurting and if I can, I take a ride and it helps me with that! jasperj

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Peter,I've been telling people for years that I have to go on my therapy machine ,which means a cycle ride.Ya,they look at me and think ya right.I'm 68 and have MD.The CTX fits me good.When I get a hurting and if I can, I take a ride and it helps me with that! jasperj
Yup, I hear you Jasper... It's also nice to meet another cheese head! I was born in Plymouth Wis. (near Sheboygan, and lived there until I got married at age 26. I married an English Lass and after living in England for five years, we then moved to the States and my work took us to Montana! Take care, keep the rubber side down :D

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum, Peter. Your reasons for riding parallel my own. The wind therapy continues to keep me riding at 80 years old. Lots of good information, advice, and warmth on here. Explore the forum sections for places to share pics and info of your activities. I'll bet the area is beautiful out there. That's a nice looking bike(y), and the DCT is great for us arthritic sufferers. Ride safe.:)
By the way, I have a Hyundai Santa Fe also. Love that ride too.;)
Thank you much Professor! I see you're a premium member... If you don't mind me asking, what are the advantages in upgrading? I also like that you spotted the Santa Fe... We love ours, it's our second Hyundai, the other was a small Accent (I think it was called) and it was just a commuter type vehicle but rarely had a problem, just like the Santa Fe! I am slow at getting up to speed on finding my way around the Forum, I'll keep at it though, it's a great asset and nice way to meet some new people. I'll leave you with one last thought... I am the third owner of the CTX I bought, the fella I bought it from (lives in Havre MT) told me the original owner, who he bought this same bike from had only one arm! Take care, happy trails!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am the third owner of a previously unloved 2014 naked DCT that had less than 3000 miles on it when I purchased it off Craig’s list and it is by far the best bike I have ever owned for the money I paid for it. I would like to ask you what is that round gauge attached to the right fork leg just in front of the brake caliper is. I have seen these from a distance on other bikes but never got a good look at it to figure out what it is. As you can tell by the link I just can’t leave the thing alone.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Thank you much Professor! I see you're a premium member... If you don't mind me asking, what are the advantages in upgrading? I also like that you spotted the Santa Fe... We love ours, it's our second Hyundai, the other was a small Accent (I think it was called) and it was just a commuter type vehicle but rarely had a problem, just like the Santa Fe! I am slow at getting up to speed on finding my way around the Forum, I'll keep at it though, it's a great asset and nice way to meet some new people. I'll leave you with one last thought... I am the third owner of the CTX I bought, the fella I bought it from (lives in Havre MT) told me the original owner, who he bought this same bike from had only one arm! Take care, happy trails!
Keep exploring Peter. The main advantage I found in becoming a premium member, is that it greatly increased the amount of data storage you're allowed. I liked to post a lot of pics and videos of the mods and rides I did. With the normal membership, I kept having to delete the old pics. It is about $15 a year, I think, and I love the freedom to post freely.

This bike allowed me to resume riding 4 years ago after having to sell my Honda CB750 and give up riding due to arthritis in wrists and hips earlier. I also had reduced motion in my left ankle due to an old accident which made shifting difficult. I got a right hip replacement in 2017, an my wife came across the CTX 700 in an ad, and we went to a dealer to take a look at it. Once I threw the artificial hip over it and saw the DCT, the smile hasn't left my face since.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum. I am the third owner of a previously unloved 2014 naked DCT that had less than 3000 miles on it when I purchased it off Craig’s list and it is by far the best bike I have ever owned for the money I paid for it. I would like to ask you what is that round gauge attached to the right fork leg just in front of the brake caliper is. I have seen these from a distance on other bikes but never got a good look at it to figure out what it is. As you can tell by the link I just can’t leave the thing alone.
First of all thank you for the warm welcome to the forum! Congrats on finding your bike, must be same as mine? It's interesting you should ask about the decal... I just replaced it with a reflective scull. The one pictured is from a company that makes tachometers and it fit over the reflector so well, and looked very cool I decided to stick it on there. I've since bought a packet of six skull decals (reflective) of varying sizes, and they now appear here and there on the bike. Take care and many happy miles on your CTX!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Another welcome! Lots of nice folks here, passionate about these very capable bikes. I've received plenty of benefit from other members, so decided to add some support with my membership.
Maybe check out mcrider.com for lots of wise info for oldsters (like me) & noobs alike. Best Wishes!;)

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another welcome! Lots of nice folks here, passionate about these very capable bikes. I've received plenty of benefit from other members, so decided to add some support with my membership.
Maybe check out mcrider.com for lots of wise info for oldsters (like me) & noobs alike. Best Wishes!;)
Thank you for the warm welcome 350!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts