CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new 2014 CTX 700 DCT ABS forsale. This bike has 0 miles and has been in storage on a mc lift since purchased. It has not been registered or ridden since I was responsible for my Mom's care-taking when she became seriously ill. The bike is candy apple red. Now, I am no longer interested because of my present situation. I am asking $5000 but willing to negotiate if anyone is interested.

Please PM me.

Registered
Have a new 2014 CTX 700 DCT ABS forsale. This bike has 0 miles and has been in storage on a mc lift since purchased. It has not been registered or ridden since I was responsible for my Mom's care-taking when she became seriously ill. The bike is candy apple red. Now, I am no longer interested because of my present situation. I am asking $5000 but willing to negotiate if anyone is interested.

Please PM me.
Would help to know where you are located? 馃榾

Premium Member
just curious..."since purchased", how could it not be "registered"?:unsure:
If he is in FL, it would be entirely possible to buy a bike and not register it. This is because it is the buyer that is responsible for registration, not the seller. Dealers do it as a service and/or for a fee here, but I don't think they have to.

Registered
Some people may buy a bike, have it trailered to where it is going so not have to get it registered or licensed until ready to do so.

Registered
Then, it must depend upon (US) State law, where the vehicle(s) are purchased...interesting. I think that in CA, whenever the owner/title changes hands, DMV must have a record it, new or used...even if filed non-operational.:unsure: (+ their fee $$ Of course), but I'm no legal expert.

Registered
Then, it must depend upon (US) State law, where the vehicle(s) are purchased...interesting. I think that in CA, whenever the owner/title changes hands, DMV must have a record it, new or used...even if filed non-operational.:unsure: (+ their fee $$ Of course), but I'm no legal expert.
Maybe you are confusing titling and registration? Title proves ownership. Registration gets you a tag, and makes you road legal. Registration usually is only required if a vehicle is on a public street/road.

Registered
There are two types of registration. 1. where the vin number is on record with the MVD. In the event it is stolen the bike is traceable. 2. Registration for plates. Also to ID the bike, but of course plates can be changed. Whenever I purchased a vehicle, there is a title change / registration that I pay for in advance to take possession. Thus the vehicle is now registered in my name. If I buy plates for it (or if I don't in the case of off road bikes), the plates are then registered to me.

Registered
In my original question, I hoped we would receive more info/response from the OP. No offense intended to AppleRhed, but I certainly would not want to hear of any scam sales here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts