CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my hyper liters in the mail. Need to look at wiring diagram.
Looks like also I will have to remove at least left side rear cover to get access to wring harness. Thanks !

Can someone post just the rear section of diagram?

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Got my hyper liters in the mail. Need to look at wiring diagram.
Looks like also I will have to remove at least left side rear cover to get access to wring harness. Thanks !

Can someone post just the rear section of diagram?
I posted service manual photos of how to access the rear wires in a previous thread

This may help with wiring. I plan on doing the same mod, could you possibly take pics? I can try to find you wiring info if that does not help. http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/752-let-there-more-red-light.html Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Had to take off bags, backrest, cowls. There is a liner under the fenderr, you have to get in that to run the wiring. Not much extra wire on harness. Took a bit but I figured out the wire color. Loosened the right turn signal to get that wire color. Took another 1/2hour to get the darn bracket that the screw goes into back in position. So I could screw the thing ack together, it had slipped out and fell into liner. Pink with blue stripe is a new color combo for Honda. Haha.

But I like the hyper lights. Worth the time and$. Will shoot some Picts and put in my gallery. Like the posiconnectors too in the hyper life's.

I put the controller under rear cowl.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Thanks. Had to take off bags, backrest, cowls. There is a liner under the fenderr, you have to get in that to run the wiring. Not much extra wire on harness. Took a bit but I figured out the wire color. Loosened the right turn signal to get that wire color. Took another 1/2hour to get the darn bracket that the screw goes into back in position. So I could screw the thing ack together, it had slipped out and fell into liner. Pink with blue stripe is a new color combo for Honda. Haha.

But I like the hyper lights. Worth the time and$. Will shoot some Picts and put in my gallery. Like the posiconnectors too in the hyper life's.

I put the controller under rear cowl.
Were the colors the same for the wires as the NC700X I posted above? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Yes I believe so.
Hyperlights. Wiring.

Gray wire to pink blue
Red to green yellow
Black to green
L turn to orange
R turn to blue
Nice lights, did you do something to the turn signals as well? Can you tell me if the brake light voltage is a continuous 12v or is it variable? I am installing a Whelen LIN3 this weekend, any tips or advice on how you gained access to the wires? Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The module runs all three. It is a 3way. Running (30% of the led), brake and turn signal

The last one I had flashed the brake 3times an then stayed on. This just goes to 100% when you apply brakes. 16 led -8 yellow 8 red.

I spliced into rear harness just past the plug . You can see harness under the seat on the left side. I took off left cowl, rear cowl and split the fender/liner. To get to wires and the plug, I got posiconnectors with hyperlites. No cutting wires

Good luck.

Not much space to work in.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
High intensity LEDs. Search for hyper liters. A bit high$, but they really show up.

Will post new pic. To show them better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hyper Lite email information

This is also from the NC forum:
Flashing Brake Light - Page 5
Green is ground
Light Blue is Right Turn
Orange is Left Turn
Pink with Blue is Tail Light
Green with Yellow is Brake Light
UPDATE

Today I got an email from Hyper Lite sales and they stated for 2014 ctx700 dot the above information is correct. However they told me to check the voltages to be sure ...

Hyper Lite to MC

Black to Green
Gray to Pink and Blue
Red to Green Yellow

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just completed the Hyperlite install

Suggestions for those installing hyperlite on your CTX700:

1. Have a mirror and a flashlight to see the pop up black plastic fasteners.
2. The left side (side cover has a good spot for your electrical connections)
3. Either have some tubing to cover the LED wires or buy some electrical tape.
4. I used some tie wraps with exterior adhesive plastic hold downs to better hold the wire run from the LEDs
5. The wires that run from the flasher and from the LEDs, for me, got kind of tangled up but outside some loose tie wraps and electrical tape I did not try to make it look clean.
6. Task took me over 2 hours and one run to Lowes for tie wraps.
7. Product worked the first time and will post after using it for a few weeks,

A few photos for those interested

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
After a few weeks my hyperlite review

PRO

At night these are great. Bright and almost impossible for others to miss you when braking and the added red running lights and the added amber turn signals help greatly compared to the stock set up.

CON

The brightest angle of light coming out of LEDs is much narrower than non LED lamps.

Lamp bracket sold by Hyperlites, while high quality and well made, is not as wide as say the HD OEM rear running lights. Would love the bracket to be wider by say 4 - 8 inches for better visibility.

Posilock connectors work well, but would prefer some plug and play sockets for the connections. Such as Easter Beaver has for the Suzuki DL650a.

VStrom

VStrom Brake/Tail/Signal Adapters - see installation info here
There are two versions of this adaptor:

Version 1 - has one wire for each wire in the VStrom’s rear connector. This provides ground, brake light, tail light, and signal lights connection ability. Hyper-Lites flashing LED brakelights can use this adaptor.

Version 2 - is for using a Brake Light Modulator like the Backoff XP, where the modulator goes inline. In this version the tail, signal and ground wires are simply wires joined to the VStrom’s rear wires. The brake light has two wires: red is input, purple is output.
brake-tail-signal_v1
Version 1

Connect auxiliary brake lights or Hyperlites.

Connect auxiliary tail lights.

Connect running lights.

Connect auxiliary signal lights.

Connect a topbox tail with tail, brake, and signal lights

Connect your alarm to your bike’s signal lights.
Version 1 VStrom Brake/Tail/Signal Adapter $24.95
Quantity: Version 1 VStrom Brake/Tail/Signal Adaptor
See wire colours and functions here

OVERALL

Happy I bought them and I am sure it makes me safer compared with OEM single brake lamp system.

Would buy them again and plan to install them on a different ride. Suzuki DL650a but using the Eastern Beaver plug and play wire set up ...

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
I found wiring diagram for NC700. It should be close if not identical.
NC700 wiring schemetics
Thanks @crasher

It's about time someone posted one, even if it is a hair different. That one should be good untill someone makes one specifically for the CTX.

All these people with a service manual, none of which can help the fellow CTX family with providing a scanned set? Why are we here :confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Doesn't need to be a pretty PDF. Scans/Pictures of pages work. I would have done it long ago for people, but I do not have a manual.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts