CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a new-to-me CTX700, which I'm trying to make into a tourer. I'm really trying to replicate my old faithful PC800 (Pacific Coast). Got the taller windshield, rear cargo rack, floorboards, and centerstand. There seems to be pretty good agreement on the forum athat Shad bags are good ones, so I ordered a set plus the Shad brackets. Brackets did not show up. Another consensus seems to be that JFC brackets are great. So I ordered some JFC brackets, which Ryan assures me will be en route tomorrow. And right here a SHOUT OUT to Ryan Walsh at Grille Technologies. He's as pleasant to deal with as everyone here says. Anyway, here's the query: what kind of luck am I going to have hanging Shad bags on JFC brackets?? Has my enthusiasm for both Shad and JFC put me in a hard spot? If so, I kinda think I would keep the JFC brackets and find some other bags. Pretty sure I can return the Shads if necessary... Oh, and I would like to keep the Shad'sease of removability if possible. Anybody have any advice or even opinions for me?

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
275 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wanted to say Thanks to dyenfd and hondafan for their responses. Your input is appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts