CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Forum members,
Hope you, your family & friends are safe and healthy in these tough times.
I live in Washington state and I am planning to buy Honda CTX 700 as a starter. I like the faring model more, but I am getting new 2016 CTX700 Naked Manual Transmission (non-DCT) for $4700(Out of Door). Do you guys think its a good price/deal for the bike?
Any advise about bike and bargaining with dealers is also welcome.

Thanks in advance &
Go Gators!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Athena,
They are providing 1 year warranty. Its Actual price is $3599, with Licensing, Freight and Taxes it gets to $4700.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi Athena,
They are providing 1 year warranty. Its Actual price is $3599, with Licensing, Freight and Taxes it gets to $4700.
Taxes you have to pay regardless, but freight can be haggled over. Make sure the taxes are not also including the shipping or bike setup. These are not taxable. Others in your area should be able to help you with overall shipping prices and Honda warranty. I thought the Honda warranty for new was longer than a year. How many miles on the bike?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taxes you have to pay regardless, but freight can be haggled over. Make sure the taxes are not also including the shipping or bike setup. These are not taxable. Others in your area should be able to help you with overall shipping prices and Honda warranty. I thought the Honda warranty for new was longer than a year. How many miles on the bike?
Yes maybe 1 year is full warranty then (apologies since I am new to motorcycle domain). Its a new bike, Odo reading is 1 mile.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, bike is manual not DCT.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Dude,
If you like the faired model, then find a faired model. They are out there and they are available.
The fairing help keep wind off you, especially if you get the taller windsheild, it also keeps the rain off you. And it just looks cool.
You are a great area for riding, but it can be a little cold and certainly a little drizzly.
You'll love the fairing. And, I like how much bigger it appears. So when you add bags and rack, or trunk, it will all look like it belongs. Like a small Gold Wing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Forum members,
I live in Washington state and I am planning to buy Honda CTX 700 as a starter. I like the faring model more, but I am getting new 2016 CTX700 Naked Manual Transmission (non-DCT) for $4700(Out of Door). Do you guys think its a good price/deal for the bike?

Thanks in advance &
Go Gators!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Yes, they will cost more. But with all the 2015 and 2016 holdover models you can still get a great deal. So get the one you want.
Don't be afraid of the standard shift.
I love the 6 speed. It handles great, shifts super smoothly, and I have never head any issues with shifting, like some folks have reported with the DCT model.
And if you really want a fairing, and you buy a Naked model, how much will you spend on wind screens, and other accessories to break the wind.
I actually love the CTX700 but I am crazy about the faired model.
It really fits me.
Don't think you are getting second best because it is not DCT,
But look a little harder for a model the way you want it.
If you spend a little more for the one you want, then you got the right bike.
My father used to say, "If the shoe doesn't fit, then it's not a sale."
And have fun with the hunt.
These bikes are very reliable if you do your routine maintenance.
You will have it for years.
You'll love it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Th
Yes, they will cost more. But with all the 2015 and 2016 holdover models you can still get a great deal. So get the one you want.
Don't be afraid of the standard shift.
I love the 6 speed. It handles great, shifts super smoothly, and I have never head any issues with shifting, like some folks have reported with the DCT model.
And if you really want a fairing, and you buy a Naked model, how much will you spend on wind screens, and other accessories to break the wind.
I actually love the CTX700 but I am crazy about the faired model.
It really fits me.
Don't think you are getting second best because it is not DCT,
But look a little harder for a model the way you want it.
If you spend a little more for the one you want, then you got the right bike.
My father used to say, "If the shoe doesn't fit, then it's not a sale."
And have fun with the hunt.
These bikes are very reliable if you do your routine maintenance.
You will have it for years.
You'll love it.
Thanks Ross, you've made some good key points. I am convinced for Fairing, and I think I will shell out little extra but I will rather have the one I like.
I will remember these wise words, "If the shoe doesn't fit, then it's not a sale."
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Florida Gator!
You should have gotten your bike when you were still there.
Winter Haven and Jacksonville dealers are showing some great deals.
In 1983-1985 I lived in Gainesville. I was a supervisor for a national jewelry store chain that was based in Houston. My home store was at the Oaks Mall, and I had a store downtown Gainesville, one at the Paddock Mall in Ocala, and one in downtown Ocala, and a store in Tallahassee and Jacksonville. I got my brand new holdover 1982 Honda GL500I Silverwing Interstate for 2499.00. Since I had a brand new baby at home and my wife needed the car, I used that Silverwing to visit my stores in Jacksonville, Ocala and Tallahassee. I had some great rides past Camp Blanding and all over the Ocala National Forrest.
I still have family in Florida. I put a lot of miles on that bike.
I was 28 years old and taking care of my family, and riding virtually every day.
The first trip I took on that bike after I moved to Houston was to take my wife and ride first to New Orleans, then Gulfport Mississippi, and then to Tampa/St Pete.
Round trip in 8 days.
My love affair with mid sized touring bikes was sealed.
Later, in 1999 I got Kawasaki Nomad. I rode it a lot. Almost 63,000 miles over about 10 years.
But I Never Ever forgot the all around versatility of the mid size touring machine.
I guess that is why I love this CTX700.
I still have that Silverwing. I gave it to my son-in-law when he was in the Air Force and he and my daughter had my first grandchild. He left the car at home with my daughter, who was also in the Air Force, and rode the Silverwing into the base everyday. It served him and his family 30 years after it did the same thing for me.
You'll love this CTX700.. Get the one you want. You'll love it. It thinks it is a much bigger bike than it is, but it still handles like a sport touring bike. It is tons of fun.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
howdy, i have faired ctx model for sale with lots of extras. i'm located in spokane which is about 300 miles east of seattle. happy to show it to you. see the for sale section for add and pics. it's got some miles but has floor boards and tail trunk and cruise and corbin seat and c-bailey and bags and and and
ken

·
Registered
756 Posts
great comments already. One other advantage if you get a fared bike is that it will come with the inserts that would be needed to add any tail bag. One other tip when negotiation: know what you want, what you are willing to pay and be prepared to say no and walk away. It can be a most helpful negotiating tool for for deals you get, and for those you walk away from. sign up for a notorcycle safety course to learn from a pro. good luck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello Forum members,

Thanks in advance &
Go Gators!
Love my 2016DCT and love Florida Gators more. Go Gators to the other side of the country.

For me, DCT is my ticket. I commute on my bike to work and have no desire to change gears manually. It's just me I guess.

Y'all know why the St John's river flows north (towards Jax)? Because Georgia sucks, of course 🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Forum members,

Thanks in advance &
Go Gators!
If you want a gauge as to what a like new CTX 700 with accessories will sell for, here is my ad, on this site: For Sale: 2014 Honda CTX 700, 6 speed, 1628 mi, Red, Fairing with 15" Puig Windscreen + OEM screen, Honda Centerstand, Shad bracket with Shad SH 40 Trunk, Ram Ball GPS mount, first oil change completed, battery tender harness, purchased new April, 2018, kept in heated basement. Wife is more comfortable on our new Gold Wing, we ride 2 up 95% of the time. Perfect condition, never dropped, located in NE Georgia Mountains, $3500, 706-897-4373 or [email protected]

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you want a gauge as to what a like new CTX 700 with accessories will sell for, here is my ad, on this site: For Sale: 2014 Honda CTX 700, 6 speed, 1628 mi, Red, Fairing with 15" Puig Windscreen + OEM screen, Honda Centerstand, Shad bracket with Shad SH 40 Trunk, Ram Ball GPS mount, first oil change completed, battery tender harness, purchased new April, 2018, kept in heated basement. Wife is more comfortable on our new Gold Wing, we ride 2 up 95% of the time. Perfect condition, never dropped, located in NE Georgia Mountains, $3500, 706-897-4373 or [email protected]
I know which way I would go if I were looking (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
howdy, i have faired ctx model for sale with lots of extras. i'm located in spokane which is about 300 miles east of seattle. happy to show it to you. see the for sale section for add and pics. it's got some miles but has floor boards and tail trunk and cruise and corbin seat and c-bailey and bags and and and
ken
If still available, Can you share your ad listing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
To each his own. I am probably the only one here that loves the wind in my face and shifting for myself. I've had the non fairing, manual shift for 5 years and love it. I plan on keeping it quite awhile.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
howdy, i haven't listed it yet due to the wet weather here this spring. the description is here in the for sale threads. i'll give it a bump so it comes up as new.
ken

1 - 20 of 21 Posts