CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am targeting May or June 2014 to purchase a CTX700 manual transmission.

I have been to the dealer in town, and most recently today travel 50 mile to another dealer to inquire about availability and price. What I am finding out is that most people haven't even heard of the faired version of the CTX here and keep leading me over to the N model. Once I show them on my Iphone what it is I am looking for they perk up and start looking on their computers for price and information.

Keep in mind here that I live in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Our city has about 175,000 people in it. I am four hours from the twin cities and Omaha NE. I have checked all the local dealers websites and no one carries a faired version of the CTX.

My question is whether or not my area could even order one of these for me for next year or if I have to go outside of my area and have one trucked in to me from perhaps Tennessee? I am not getting many answers from the dealers here and wonder if anyone else has had problems locating their bike?

On the plus side I found a dealer that will let me test drive a bike, wont charge me more then MRSP, no destination charge and only a $30. doc fee. Sioux Falls is listing the CTX700N manual at $7499 even though their website has Honda's suggested sale price of $6999.00

I am not ready to buy now so maybe I should just relax until next spring. It would be nice to know what I am looking at for a waiting period.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
take your test ride. if you like, hold them to your deal of msrp and have them order the CTX model you wish. Any Honda dealers can get any of the CTX USA models. I see where most dealers I have visited have chosen the basic naked model as a floor model.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Hard to disagree with Bill.
A dealer can get whatever you want. Mine didn't have one in stock what I wanted, even here in AZ, close to Phoenix. He was going to the LA area and trailered one back for me. This is the 4th bike I bought from him so he was pretty considerate.

Reactions: Effem Tee

·
Registered
84 Posts
I saw a manual faired version at Lexington Motorsports in Kentucky when I picked up my Trophy on the 12th. I got the impression the DCT version would be a long wait.

When I was there this weekend, the bike was no longer in the showroom. But I saw one parked out front. I don't know if they sold it or if one of the staff was riding it or if that was a different bike.

I highly recommend the DCT version over the standard because it comes with ABS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts