CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I went and sat on a ctx700 manual transmission bike and my knee barley hits the pocket on the side of the tank. I then sat on the dct model that doesn't have the foot shifter lever and my knee just barely fits in the pocket, with out the shifter lever there I'm able to rest my foot lower. As for the other side with the brake lever it's a toss up, all depends on where I rest my foot. I'm 6'1" AND 34 inseem. I know that there are many foot peg lowering kits for many bikes any for this on yet? Also has any one with this issue been able to adjust the foot brake lever to help with your knee hitting the tank fairing in the Pocket? This could be a deal breaker for me? Help.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
John,
I am 6'1" with a 34 inseam as well.
When I first sat on the bike, my knees hit the fairing pocket as well. A 6'3" sales rep with a 35 inseam at the dealer pointed out I was not hugging the tank (have been riding a can am spyder which has wide plastics) and suggested I pinch the tank. When I went back to my 2 wheel days and rout the heals to the peg and pinched in my knees, voila, fits like a glove.
The rep then sat on the bike in a normal riding position and had no issue with putting his knees in the pocket.
Give it a try, perhaps the seating position your used to is just different enough to cause the interference you had.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I too have a 34" inseam and have no problems clearing the fairing while riding as described by Pphantom. Peg should be in the arch of the shoe with the heal pressed against the peg. Buttocks should be resting against the raised portion of the seat. This riding position is very comfortable.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Okay so I went and sat on a ctx700 manual transmission bike and my knee barley hits the pocket on the side of the tank. I then sat on the dct model that doesn't have the foot shifter lever and my knee just barely fits in the pocket, with out the shifter lever there I'm able to rest my foot lower. As for the other side with the brake lever it's a toss up, all depends on where I rest my foot. I'm 6'1" AND 34 inseem. I know that there are many foot peg lowering kits for many bikes any for this on yet? Also has any one with this issue been able to adjust the foot brake lever to help with your knee hitting the tank fairing in the Pocket? This could be a deal breaker for me? Help.
in the how to section there are instructions for adjusting the shifter and the foot brake pedals up or down.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Adjusting the foot controls make can make a huge difference and can fix that part of the problem. Like Bill states in the how-to thread, a little adjustment goes a long way, and there is considerable range of adjustment in the foot controls. So making these adjustments can have a huge ergonomic improvement. For instance, my son sat on my bike and his huge left foot made it look like there was no way he could shift this bike with it being set up for me, but the shifter has enough adjustability to make it perfect for him if I set it up that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts