CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a low mileage 2014, CTX700 DCT a couple of years ago. Only daily rides until last week. Rode out of town for a few days and covered a little over 600 miles. Not a lot of miles, but enough to give an honest impression of the CTX. By the way, I am 74 years old and have been riding many years. I currently own 4 two-wheelers. The Honda, a Yamaha Tmax and a couple Harley's. Over the years I have ridden many different brands and models. Like everyone, I have had my favorites and less than favorites. The last day of the ride, I was 120 miles from home and wanted to try and beat the later day rain forecast. The 120 miles was covered with no rest stops in 136 minutes. Most certainly not a great achievement, but one accomplished on various type highways and through a few towns. I can say without a doubt the CTX DCT is one of the best motorcycles I have ever owned. It will cruise effortlessly at 75mph and more if you want, while also providing excellent comfort and outstanding gas mileage. END

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
howdy
ya got that right and you will like it better the more you realize that it fits us o.f,s like it was designed fer us.

i hope it's not the end like you ended you blurb , but maybe the end of the beginning.
ken

·
Registered
333 Posts
I can place value on what he said because of the many years of riding experience. that was a great report.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I purchased a low mileage 2014, CTX700 DCT a couple of years ago. Only daily rides until last week. Rode out of town for a few days and covered a little over 600 miles. Not a lot of miles, but enough to give an honest impression of the CTX. By the way, I am 74 years old and have been riding many years. I currently own 4 two-wheelers. The Honda, a Yamaha Tmax and a couple Harley's. Over the years I have ridden many different brands and models. Like everyone, I have had my favorites and less than favorites. The last day of the ride, I was 120 miles from home and wanted to try and beat the later day rain forecast. The 120 miles was covered with no rest stops in 136 minutes. Most certainly not a great achievement, but one accomplished on various type highways and through a few towns. I can say without a doubt the CTX DCT is one of the best motorcycles I have ever owned. It will cruise effortlessly at 75mph and more if you want, while also providing excellent comfort and outstanding gas mileage. END
Ditto. 💛

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice write up. I right behind you at 71.5. If I can find a way to stop some of the wind beating me I would have to put it close to the top of my list of many motorcycles. Enjoy yourself and be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts