CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I picked up on Wednesday, August 14. It's a manual shift model with the tall windscreen, saddlebags with color matched panels, passenger backrest, luggage rack, and the accessory electrical outlet. Don't need heated grips in central Florida!

Will likely add a top case with lighting later. If Corbin comes up with a seat I will likely spring for that too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Very nice looking bike. Are the dealers installing the Honda Wing Logos backwards on the saddlebags or is it the factory? That is the second set I have seen like that and it would drive me nuts!

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I read the install instructions and they are just peel and stick emblems that are installed by whoever puts the covers on the bags as an accessory. (dealer or owner) I guess it is easy to make that mistake if not following step by step or knowing that they face a certain way.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
GPS mount

Just added a GPS mount for a Garmin 1200 Nuvi. It's powered by the accessory 12V outlet. I need to get a flat usb/charger cable as the one I'm using is a bit too thick for the tank door lid although routing it between the rear hinges seems to work OK. Just be careful to leave enough slack for turning. You can purchase the mounts and watch excellent installation videos at www.rammount.com.

Sorry about the pic orientation. It's looks right on my PC but gets turned around on upload.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I would consider a Powerlet Outlet on the bars in close proximity to make the wiring a little easier. I just put the Ram X Grip on my wife's this afternoon to hold her iPhone, if power becomes an issue I will put an outlet on the bars. Only downside is the cost.... Otherwise you could get the Nuvi hard wire accessory power chord and just route that directly to the battery. (cost effective and clean install) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-nuvi-1200-205w-250w-1450-hardwire-car-charger-/190482382994 Then you would still have the outlet for another accessory to charge like your phone.

Powerbar Plus 7/8" To 1" Black Anodized - Powerlet Products

http://www.powerlet.com/shop-by-vehicle/1/honda-ctx700n/product/handlebar-outlet/341/877

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks CEETEEX! Those are all good ideas to keep the GPS wiring tidy. I'm leaning toward the Nuvi hard wire accessory power cord.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts