CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called me at work Tuesday and stated that my CTX700 was there and ready for me to pick up but that the only one available for me was in black. This particular dealer had not even received any N models and had a few N models expected July 26 and some fairing models due Aug. 8, so I was expecting to be able to get it around Aug. 10.

I knew right away that something was wrong with what he was saying. I told him that I wanted the fairing model, and he said yes; we've got it, but only in black. I told him that according to Honda, it is not available in black; only red and white and only the naked model was available in black. He told me to call him back @ 1PM and he would verify what he has with the warehouse folks. I called back, and he apologized, stating that only the naked models had arrived.

False alarm.

Maybe Saturday after next. That's what I'm hoping for.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This whole process was waiting was really hard especially with reading about others that received there bikes. Mine finally came this week, 700 with the fairing, manual. I totally Love the bike. Came from a Pcx 125, this bike is so much more stable on the highway, I drive 2 and up quite often with my wife. I had some experience with shifting in my early days and took a safety class last year so shifting is not a problem. I planning on leaving the standard windshield, I installed the power in the cubby, which by the way is great, 2 cell phones, and glasses. I have the matching bags, and the rear back rest without the rear carrier. I did that because I liked the looks better. For me the bike is everything I dreamed it would be, handles awesome, plenty of power, great in the wind, shifts great, seat is comfortable and I LOVE the forward riding position. I was the second person in Green Bay to order the bike out and the first to receive the bike. The other customer ordered the automatic but that unit has not come in yet.

Reactions: MrSuperchicken1

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had it for 1 year and drove it for 2100 miles. I liked the bike, great mileage. It was just to small for 2 up riding. I traded the bike in, they gave me 2300 for my 2011 Pcx 125. My Ctx has the fairing and bags. To me it's the perfect bike. I did get the manual which I got used to very quickly.

Reactions: MrSuperchicken1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Honda of Chattanooga has two red Ctx with faring one automatic and one not and they have a white one with faring but not automatic I just looked at them today they also have a black naked one automatic

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
My dealer called me at work Tuesday and stated that my CTX700 was there and ready for me to pick up but that the only one available for me was in black. This particular dealer had not even received any N models and had a few N models expected July 26 and some fairing models due Aug. 8, so I was expecting to be able to get it around Aug. 10.

I knew right away that something was wrong with what he was saying. I told him that I wanted the fairing model, and he said yes; we've got it, but only in black. I told him that according to Honda, it is not available in black; only red and white and only the naked model was available in black. He told me to call him back @ 1PM and he would verify what he has with the warehouse folks. I called back, and he apologized, stating that only the naked models had arrived.

False alarm.

Maybe Saturday after next. That's what I'm hoping for.
wow, too bad Gregsft, waiting is a pita but you cant take one you don't want so Hold out and they will get one is some day soon preferably.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda of Chattanooga has two red Ctx with faring one automatic and one not and they have a white one with faring but not automatic I just looked at them today they also have a black naked one automatic
Didn't get mine Saturday. It didn't show up last Thursday as scheduled, so I'm expecting maybe Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I've already asked the boss if I could get a day off to prevent the dealership from making a mistake and letting someone have the one I want. They've already shown that they don't understand the model differences, so I want to get down there as soon as they get them uncrated and ensure they're holding the right one for me. That way, I can say; no that's not the one I want; I want this one, and I won't have to wait another two months or be forced to make a decision about whether or not to take back my deposit and go elsewhere.

As far as Honda of Chattanooga, I can't really deal with them, but I figured they would get them before Southern Honda, because they had the naked models about four weeks ahead of them. I spoke with a salesman there several weeks ago before they got any in. He was a little rude with me when I inquired about the CTX700. He told me that they don't talk about models that aren't yet in their show room. But the main reason I can't deal with them is that he said they couldn't trade for my scoot, and I can't afford to be an owner of both rides at the same time. Plus I don't have the space for two rides or a need for two rides. The scooter has got to be gone and there has been very little interest trying to sell it in a private sale in the last three months, so I can't risk being stuck with it and being unable to sell it after the fact. Really, Southern Honda is my only choice. The only other dealer that will trade will cost me an extra $900 in the deal and I won't do it. That's why it is so important for me to nail down this shipment as soon as I can and take delivery.

You won't see the automatic in any color but red. That's the only color they manufacturer the D model. The standard model can be had in either white or red. I like both colors so that's not an issue for me.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
gregsfc, hopefully it will arrive soon. I think Honda could have done a better job with naming the CTX to make identifying different models easier. I am sure after a few months the dealers will be experienced with the bike. I just realized that the red on the fairing and naked bikes is a different shade, I bet the dealers have no idea about that.

My wife and I picked hers up Friday, she originally wanted Black but keeping that clean is a pain. I also had worries about adding a shield to it and then the additional cost of inner brackets when we add saddlebags. Also I did not like the exposed look of the saddlebag brackets without the rear grab handles. Adding handles and the inner brackets added up to almost half the cost difference so I was able to talk her into the Fairing model in Red. We rode Saturday and Sunday and she loves the bike. Her last bike was a Honda Shadow Aero 750, and previously had a couple HD Sportsters. She like the low end torque and the nimble feel the most.

We left Virginia Beach Friday at 3 AM and arrived at the dealer in North Carolina at 8:45 AM. I rode the bike back to Virginia Beach (300 miles) and it was a great experience. I also really like the look of the fairing model, in person it looks much nicer.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I tried to EDIT and clarify but for some reason the Admin has set a 10 minute time limit to edit posts.

My wife wanted the Naked bike in Black but I knew we would have to add a shield and that is not yet available other than the Madstad. Additionally I was worried about the aesthetics. The Naked Cruiser platform does not come with the grab handles and it also lacks the inner support brackets for the saddlebags. I later discovered that buying the brackets as an accessory (Part # 08L72-MJF-A00) rather that individually saves quite a bit of money. By the time I combined the expenses and windshield dilemma the Fairing model was the best option and the red is beautiful in the sun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Naked Cruiser platform does not come with the grab handles and it also lacks the inner support brackets for the saddlebags. I later discovered that buying the brackets as an accessory (Part # 08L72-MJF-A00) rather that individually saves quite a bit of money. By the time I combined the expenses and windshield dilemma the Fairing model was the best option and the red is beautiful in the sun.
So, what is the cost difference between a Naked model and adding the brackets, and the fairing model? Trying to clarify what you said.
Thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
So, what is the cost difference between a Naked model and adding the brackets, and the fairing model? Trying to clarify what you said.
Thanks so much.
The kit is 82 and includes the hardware. The handles are not required. The brackets and hardware purchased individually would almost be 200. The handles are just over 200 I believe. I made an earlier post with the Ron Ayers diagram and prices for the components. Here is the link. http://www.ronayersmotorcycles.com/...=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2014&fveh=172264

The bikes are retailed at 800 between the two.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The kit is 82 and includes the hardware. The handles are not required. The brackets and hardware purchased individually would almost be 200. The handles are just over 200 I believe. I made an earlier post with the Ron Ayers diagram and prices for the components. Here is the link. Motorsports Honda Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki Motorcycle Dealer ATV Greenville NC Used Sport Bikes Eastern North Carolina Hustler mower, Honda Power equi

The bikes are retailed at 800 between the two.
So, is it cheaper to buy the Fairing model, or the Naked and add the Bracket kit? Still confused.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts