CTX 700 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Road construction sucks Big Time. It seems like when you get into it they wanna run 4 lanes to 3 lanes to 2 lanes then down to one and that 1 has more potholes then a country pasture. Then you get sandwich between 218 wheels. That is my ideal of no fun. Nothing against 18 wheelers just way stressful to me. Speaking of 18 wheelers and things we don't like this time it was a rain storm. I was coming Into Amarillo on I 40 it was raining buckets it was all i could do to do 45 miles an hour had my flashers on a truck driver came up in the middle lane I was in a slow lane he pulled over behind me and stayed there a car was getting on to I40 he pulled over let the car on then pulled right back in behind me . I thought that was pretty awesome.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Road construction sucks Big Time. It seems like when you get into it they wanna run 4 lanes to 3 lanes to 2 lanes then down to one and that 1 has more potholes then a country pasture. Then you get sandwich between 218 wheels. That is my ideal of no fun. Nothing against 18 wheelers just way stressful to me. Speaking of 18 wheelers and things we don't like this time it was a rain storm. I was coming Into Amarillo on I 40 it was raining buckets it was all i could do to do 45 miles an hour had my flashers on a truck driver came up in the middle lane I was in a slow lane he pulled over behind me and stayed there a car was getting on to I40 he pulled over let the car on then pulled right back in behind me . I thought that was pretty awesome.
Going from 3 lanes to 1 is never fun on a bike. Stop and go sandwich. And the road available is usually on the shoulder, badly maintained, covered in debris. And there is always that car that wants to pack themself into a tight break.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
speaking of amarillo texas, i got caught in a cloudburst there and pulled under a fuel pump cover and dumped my boots full of water out and waited for it to stop. then went on to new mexico and was so cold and tired that i stopped at the police station and asked them to let me sleep in the jail------not gonna happen so i went on to arizona and slept a few minutes in a service station waiting room and went on to see the sun rise on the south rim of the grand canon. 1973, the memory is much better than the ride.
ken

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Was planning on an annual trip to Pietown in NM on the I40. Two great restaurants and fantastic pies. Always took home several. Well just been informed, COVID has closed them both permanently. In fact the entire town is now gone. Used to be a Summer shindig, a great curio store. Just another COVID fatality.

·
Registered
44 Posts
DOGS!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts