CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all like or love to ride one way or another or we wouldn't be here.

The question is, with every aspect of motorcycling, what part of it do you not favor?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Heat is hard to overcome, Cold I can usually put on another layer. I thought I should avoid wet with a passion, but a week or two ago I got a great true story from it.

The ground was bone dry, not a single drop when I walked out of work late, a few drops as I got on the bike, and before I got 40 feet to the edge of the parking lot I was drenched. I knew if my supervisor had not started a 20 minute line of questions 5 minutes before the end of the day I would have been home dry already. I thought about waiting it out but I was already wet so I just went home. Most of the way home was 15 to 25 MPH in 35 MPH zones. It started to clear up just as I was parking.
When I opened the door I couldn't get in the house because my darling grand-daughters had urgent news they had to tell. "Pappa, Pappa, guess what came! It was a STORM!" It was more exciting for them watching through the window than for me riding in it. And I realized they were right. The effect of it really was far less than all the fuss and worry trying to avoid it.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine would be trash after a good rain! When it rains, alot of peoples trash gets wet and accumulates. When the trash truck comes, this accumulation of trash water makes it way to the bottom of the truck and leaks/dumped everywhere on the roadway it goes. Dead animals are pretty bad too, but usually just last a couple seconds. But, the trash lingers and clings!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Good question!

I am troubled by inattentive 4 wheel drivers.

Wish I had an auto-off turn signal.

Wish the overflows had a better retainer.

OEM windscreen is a must!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dodging potholes. A took a ride through Loc Raven reservoir on my day off this week. It is a beautiful and scenic ride through woods with lots of sharp twists and turns. Unfortunately, there were thousands of pot holes in the road (some 6 to 10 inches deep) so between the shadows from the trees and the potholes I had to go super slow and watch the road just ahead of my tires instead of enjoying the ride. The beltway on my side of town is also so bad that I won't even ride on it until they finish repaving it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had to give this one a lot of thought to narrow it down to one thing.... and the winner is.... those who continue to tell me I shouldn't ride a motorcycle because it is, "too dangerous."

-Mark-

1 - 20 of 48 Posts