CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a Garmin Zumo XT GPS, where is everyone connecting their power to? Do we have some extra wires handy already on the bike? Not wanting to wire straight to battery so when bike is turned off, unit will turn off.

·
Registered
2014 CTX700N DCT
61 Posts
I just recently purchased a Garmin Zumo XT GPS, where is everyone connecting their power to? Do we have some extra wires handy already on the bike? Not wanting to wire straight to battery so when bike is turned off, unit will turn off.
There is an acc wiring sub-harness (switched) under the right hand plastic of the faired model. And, there is a plug for that harness on the naked, but you have to buy the harness separately.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CTX 700n
78 Posts
i do miss having a visual representation of where i am going but myself i use my iphone in my pocket and an apple airpod in my helmet. it works really great 90% of the time. the worst times is when im coming up on an intersection i am not familiar with and it belts out the directions as i'm slowing down vs when i am approaching the area.

Reactions: revski

·
Registered
95 Posts
I like to know what kind of curves are upcoming on roads that I am new on. I have a big trip coming up this new year and would like having a GPS. My phone screen isn't the best when it's really sunny out.
One of the great things about touring is riding new twisty roads, but I think it's more important to be 'in the moment' than looking at a screen.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
721 Posts
One of the great things about touring is riding new twisty roads, but I think it's more important to be 'in the moment' than looking at a screen.
Sure... but as I mentioned in another post, roads can surprise you, and having advanced knowledge of the upcoming twists, turns and intersections via maps apps never hurts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts