CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my fellow riders. I am thinking of installing one of these kits on my motorcycle. If you did this already, can you please share your experience and recommendations? If you can post pictures it will be even better.

Thanks beforehand for your input.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
@Jimmy Hammond also installed one recently.

Here's the link to his install:

·
Super Moderator
3,185 Posts
@BobWitte did one recently if I remember correctly....
Yes, I bought a Chinese generic that I hooked up in Aug, but have not finished the install. That will be done after I move. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I've used a Bullet HD motorcycle "dash" camera for years. I actually have owned two as my first one went with my CTX when I sold it.
Have one on my CB now. I like them mainly because I know them. They are very durable. I paid $100 and change for the basic model but you can buy extra lenses for the rearview. I wouldn't buy one of those super expensive ones (read the reviews...they don't seem to work any better than the cheaper ones!) but that's your call.

That said, I can only find them for sale at eTrailers.com, unless you want to throw your credit card number to some Chinese company.

They're easy to install, like Jimmy's video shows. I keep a dash camera on my motorcycle and my truck. I look at it this way, the video you take can be good for insurance claims...or some wild YouTube videos!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for your fast responses. The MotoProcam looks like a good option as well as the Bullet HD camera. I haven't used one for my car but now that it has been mentioned I think is a good idea, and maybe I get a discount for buying two. Enjoy what is left of this riding season.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've used a Bullet HD motorcycle "dash" camera for years. I actually have owned two as my first one went with my CTX when I sold it.
Have one on my CB now. I like them mainly because I know them. They are very durable. I paid $100 and change for the basic model but you can buy extra lenses for the rearview. I wouldn't buy one of those super expensive ones (read the reviews...they don't seem to work any better than the cheaper ones!) but that's your call.

That said, I can only find them for sale at eTrailers.com, unless you want to throw your credit card number to some Chinese company.

They're easy to install, like Jimmy's video shows. I keep a dash camera on my motorcycle and my truck. I look at it this way, the video you take can be good for insurance claims...or some wild YouTube videos!!!
got a link?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts