CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
I bought the Spidi Full DPS (it is a parallel model with Hit-Air model ST-C with fixed back protection). I made my decision between Spidi and Hit-Air and ended up to Spidi because the local importer has no samples to see, but Hi-Air would have been my choice too. Helite models have a poorer neck protection, the reason why I dropped them. I love it just now, because the summer is here again and the time of riding. The second week around 25掳C = 77掳F ?

Has anyone ideas how to install frame sliders? The upper engine bolt is too near my legs and other bolts too low. I made some efforts to design a fixing piece to the frame tube, but it is still only a plan.

Registered
I bought the Spidi Full DPS (it is a parallel model with Hit-Air model ST-C with fixed back protection). I made my decision between Spidi and Hit-Air and ended up to Spidi because the local importer has no samples to see, but Hi-Air would have been my choice too. Helite models have a poorer neck protection, the reason why I dropped them. I love it just now, because the summer is here again and the time of riding. The second week around 25掳C = 77掳F ?

Has anyone ideas how to install frame sliders? The upper engine bolt is too near my legs and other bolts too low. I made some efforts to design a fixing piece to the frame tube, but it is still only a plan.
I got Fehlings crash guards and they are 100%-I've seen good reviews for T-Rex in this space also...

Registered
I have done lots of research and I'm going to go Hit Air.
Just trying to figure out the difference between MLV-YC and MLV-P.
they look very similar with exception of large reflector on MLV-P.
The reason I'm choosing one of these if because they are very open and let air flow go through.
I ride mostly during rummer and like to keep it cool and these won't make it much warmer by the looks of them.
That opening in slit in the back is important to allow heat to escape.
Does anyone here have one of these and know the difference between the two?

Registered
The reason I'm choosing one of these if because they are very open and let air flow go through.
I ride mostly during rummer and like to keep it cool and these won't make it much warmer by the looks of them.
Do you run the tether between your legs? I just purchased the no name Motoair vest from Amazon-trying it for the summer (although) it should fit over my jackets when the cold returns. Any suggestions anyone?

Registered

Do you run the tether between your legs? I just purchased the no name Motoair vest from Amazon-trying it for the summer (although) it should fit over my jackets when the cold returns. Any suggestions anyone?
Very satisfied with the Motoair-1 vest (Amazon) tethered it to the pannier bracket by my right hip (no side bags) wore a t-shirt underneath, elbow pad, knee pads-was comfortable and protected-I did forget to un-tether it when I got home but it didn't detonate!

Registered
Before I start my own thread, I will try refreshing this one. An acquaintance that was an MSF instructor recently died of complications from a crash. Details are third person, but he somehow left the road to the left, missed trees and poles and came back across the road (Honda Goldwing) and high sided and the bike came down on him. I was not there, but his injuries seem to me to have been somewhat preventable with an inflatable vest. He was otherwise ATGATT. So, any update from those of you that got them. I like the Hit-Air the best for the large amount of the body covered. I am set on going old school with a mechanical discharge system. It seems that some of the $130 priced vests have virtually the same overall coverage (neck, front and back chest area, coccyx). Any feedback that would help me decided between $519 and $130 would be appreciated. Looks like I missed page 2 of this thread, maybe there will be something there.
Thanks for any input.

Registered
Looks like nobody answered your question. I looked at those and have the same question. My best guess is that they are just different colors. What did you find out and what did you get???

Registered
A while back i was cursing a blue streak after having my horse decide to stand on my toe. My vet and i then had a conversation about steel toed boots and related that he had a pair when the horse crushed down the toe and they had to take grinder and cut his foot out of it. Knowing there are OSHA standards for such things i asked where he got the boots. He said Walmart. So i looked at his two interns and said "so, the moral of the story is - dont buy safety equipment at Walmart.

Steve

Registered
Before I start my own thread, I will try refreshing this one. An acquaintance that was an MSF instructor recently died of complications from a crash. Details are third person, but he somehow left the road to the left, missed trees and poles and came back across the road (Honda Goldwing) and high sided and the bike came down on him. I was not there, but his injuries seem to me to have been somewhat preventable with an inflatable vest. He was otherwise ATGATT. So, any update from those of you that got them. I like the Hit-Air the best for the large amount of the body covered. I am set on going old school with a mechanical discharge system. It seems that some of the $130 priced vests have virtually the same overall coverage (neck, front and back chest area, coccyx). Any feedback that would help me decided between $519 and $130 would be appreciated. Looks like I missed page 2 of this thread, maybe there will be something there.
Thanks for any input.
The question is a good one and so is the thread. I've been using the vest less recently but your thread makes me think I'm gonna wear the vest a lot in the warm weather, when even ventilated jackets can feel cumbersome. Sorry about your acquaintance, but I think a vest would have like saved his life.

Registered
The question is a good one and so is the thread. I've been using the vest less recently but your thread makes me think I'm gonna wear the vest a lot in the warm weather, when even ventilated jackets can feel cumbersome. Sorry about your acquaintance, but I think a vest would have like saved his life.
And it seems that some of the "name brand" vests had come down in price over the winter where there is little difference between my off-brand and the others.

Super Moderator
I have both a $134 no-name bought from some Chinese Junk dealer on Aliexpress that promised to include the C02 cartridge, but failed to do so. They refused to send one and I could not find a source for that exact threading anywhere. So I have 8 lbs of expensive Chinese crap. I eventually got Hit-Airs for myself & wife which was well worth the price. After all, what is a non-spinal injury worth to me or her?? I consider the air bags cheap at twice the price. I no more would ride without my helmet than the vests.

Registered
Last year inflatables were all the rage, this year it has been quiet. Actually too quiet in regards to advertising. I wonder if they ran into some sort of defect?

Registered
Last year inflatables were all the rage, this year it has been quiet. Actually too quiet in regards to advertising. I wonder if they ran into some sort of defect?
I am betting more of a supply chain issue that every industry is seeing right now..... why advertise if you can not supply?

Registered
I finally found the answer to that one. ALL the vests that begin with MLV are the same vest, just different colors. It also appears that sizing is based on the size of the jacket you are putting the vest over. I don't have in from of me, but I think the M vest covers jackets S-XL and the larger vest goes over jacket sizes XL-3XL. My Medium Rev-It jacket is a tight fit on me by my wishes, but that is including the line and sometimes another light jacket under it. So, I am confident the M size of the HitAir vest will work for me. Will be ordering one in the next couple days. I am not worried about any additions like the back protector as my Rev-It has a Level 2 back protector. And, in winter I wear a leather jacket over a Forcefield Armor shirt. And, for the summer heat here in AZ, I have a Bohn thin shirt with armor that I think will work nicely under the vest for all round protection. I will keep you posted when I get the vest.

Registered

Registered
There was, and may still be a shortage of the inflator cartridges.
I ordered a HitAir vest on Amazon and it is on it's way. Looked on Amazon yesterday and the correct cartridges were listed for sale. Did not try to order any, so can't say for sure that they are available vs a shortage. Hopefully the cartridges are like the old ad for Chicken McNuggets. The guy says he is selling them for $25,000 a piece. Another guy says "how many do you intend to sell at that price?". The guys says "I only need to sell one". So, for cartridges, I hope "I only need one". Just making light of it, but seriously I will definitely be getting one as soon as I verify the size cartridge in my vest. Their web site is less than perfect, so will wait for the actual vest and see what is in it.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts