CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cover my toys most of the time when parked in the garage because sometimes I just cant find the time, the weather is just too hot, or I am too busy with who knows what else.

Today I picked up a BUDGE Heavy Duty LARGE motor cycle cover. It seems to fit my naked model well. The is extra room up top so it might work on the fairing model (there is an extra large one for more money).

Of course I let things cool off before putting it on.

Got it at Walmart for 39.96 plus tax here in Ca.

cover.jpg

Reactions: Devilsfan

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been looking for a cover for mine. I've been using an old sheet for now.

I wasn't exactly looking at Walmart for one. I may have to make a trip over there. Does the material seem like it will hold up? I want one I can wash occasionally.

Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Soapy water washes dust clean off. The softest cover will still cause minute scratches. This bike will never become a "collectable" but that dosen't mean you should treat it as anything less. A motorcycle is more than a means of transport. It is more than a cheap ride...in fact, it is an extragavence, and that's why it grabs us like it does. Treat it as if it's the only thing in life that matters, and like a faithful dog, it will pay the price for your mistakes.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been looking for a cover for mine. I've been using an old sheet for now.

I wasn't exactly looking at Walmart for one. I may have to make a trip over there. Does the material seem like it will hold up? I want one I can wash occasionally.

Thanks for posting that.
NO SHEET!!!! ......... had to say that...lol

I was surprised it wasn't a no name brand at Walmart but it was the same brand I have on my Cobra just a different material.

It is 100% polyester so I don't see why you couldn't wash it. I have not washed it but have other ones that are not new. Take a marker and write in big letters REAR and FRONT on it so it is easer to tell when throwing it over the bike and pulling it on. That way the yucky chain grease stays in the same area of the cover. I also have sprayed a soapy degreaser on the chain area of my older cover and hosed it off and layed it over a fence to dry.

Reactions: AddamsBliss

·
Registered
111 Posts
Soapy water washes dust clean off. The softest cover will still cause minute scratches. This bike will never become a "collectable" but that dosen't mean you should treat it as anything less. A motorcycle is more than a means of transport. It is more than a cheap ride...in fact, it is an extragavence, and that's why it grabs us like it does. Treat it as if it's the only thing in life that matters, and like a faithful dog, it will pay the price for your mistakes.
Thanks for the advice. I do agree that a cover will scratch the car if it sits outside in the breeze. But my motorcycle is garage kept.

You can avoid the small scratches if you put the cover on a clean vehicle, use a very soft clean cover, and know how to cover the bike properly.

I don't meant to sound like a know-it-all, but I do have a show car and have done quite a bit of work to keep the paint in great condition. I know how easy it is to get swirl marks in the paint and I try to avoid it. But, I do know how to fix if it does get a few.

I've already had my Adam's polishes and microfiber towels out to take the "dealer installed' swirl marks off the bike. My bike is black, so it will be a constant battle to keep the paint looking good. Fortunately, a motorcycle doesn't have as much surface area to polish as a car.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Looking at a few in the local Cycle Gear store, but wondering what size I should get. I have the 2017 faired model with 21" Cee Bailey Windscreen, and both hard case bags and a Bestem 929 Top Case. they say that large should fit most larger bikes, and XL for touring bikes. I guess I could try the large, and if it's too small or too large, just return it. Anyone have experience with covers?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Looking at a few in the local Cycle Gear store, but wondering what size I should get. I have the 2017 faired model with 21" Cee Bailey Windscreen, and both hard case bags and a Bestem 929 Top Case. they say that large should fit most larger bikes, and XL for touring bikes. I guess I could try the large, and if it's too small or too large, just return it. Anyone have experience with covers?
I have a genuine Honda cover and it's a large. It covers my C very well even with the Cee Bailey windshield and Givi Top Box. I don't have a photo of it but it fits over the floorboards and it just about covers the wheels.

Glenn

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've been liking this one for a while now. The standard size fits around my stock hard bags easily, and the tall shield is not as close to the material as it opens as are the mirrors - those almost always touch material. Nothing else except I find it easier to roll my front tire into the front panel than to get the back perfectly lined up. It's not as good as a garage, but it is SO much easier to get in and out of than the soft cover was, and no rubbing at all is a plus.
Speed-way Motorsport Shelters Size Calculator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts