CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Laminar Lip extension on the windshield on my previous bike - worked great to cut down on wind noise and buffeting. The CTX I bought last month came with a Givi windshield - I have been pleased with the wind protection with that windshield, but considered an extension to cut down the wind noise. Looking around online, I found that some have used the Motoparty Windshield Extension... it is about 1/3 the price of a Laminar Lip or Puig extension. I figured for $32.99, I couldn't go too far wrong. Frankly, I wasn't expecting much. But, while we are in "the big city" (Phoenix area), we have next day delivery with Amazon Prime, so we are making use of that (more like 4 or 5 day delivery on stuff we order at home in the Tropical Tip of Texas).

As promised, it was delivered in one day. The installation instructions were a bit skimpy, not much better with the video from the company. Mine came far more assembled than what they showed in the video, so it didn't take long with just studying the extension and parts to figure out how to install it.

I put it on last night and did some test runs with it this morning, running the bike up to 80 mph, different directions and with different helmets...

I was pleasantly surprised to see (hear) that it makes a difference in the amount of wind noise that gets through to the helmet. I am satisfied that it is worth the price. At 80 mph, nothing flexed or moved. After running the bike a bit, I stopped to snug everything down again; didn't take much.

How it looks...

Vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire

At my height (5'9"), I can see over it at a distance, have to look through it up close. No optical distortion. I think it going to be a good addition to the comfort on this bike.

It came with metal screws and wingnuts to replace the plastic parts that some people have had issues with. Easily adjustable: angle of the plexi without tools, but you need both hands; position of the plexi for height requires the included tiny allen wrench.

·
Registered
2015 CTX700
11 Posts
It works well for me too, although I do see some optical distortion when looking through it. It's not terrible, but noticeable.

Some people have said that it comes loose, but I haven't had any issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,031 Posts
I bought the same one but it didn't come with wing nuts.....was kind of a pain to assemble.

It has helped tremendously with my helmet buffeting issue at high speeds. Not enough miles to judge reliability.

I am getting some rocking/flexing of the Madstad bracket now. I guess due to the added leverage from the extension. I have never really been 100% happy with the rigidity of the Madstad naked bracket. Thinking of adding some bracing the bracket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts