CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

Just picked up my CTX700D yesterday and after getting it home and reviewing them owners manual I think I may have a piece of the bike missing. On Page 45 it references a Document Bag that is supposed to be attached under the seat ( attached on the underside of the seat not on the bike.) I can see the spot where it is supposed to go on my bike but don't see the document bag itself. I called the dealer toady and their checking into it but sounded like it doesn't exist.

My question to you all is do you have the document bag attached under your seat? Am I missing a part of just mistaken....

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
my seat did not have one under it. I don't use them. I copy my registration and my insurance card and stick that in my wallet. The owners manual is on the shelf on my workbench in the garage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got mine.
Any way you can post a Pic? Would be great for me to take back to my dealer. Hey I figure if we all paid for it even if we don't use it we should Get it.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
My "document bag", was just a glorified Ziploc bag, with the owner's manual in it. It wasn't on the underside of the seat though. It was sitting in the area under the seat, right behind the battery.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Any way you can post a Pic? Would be great for me to take back to my dealer. Hey I figure if we all paid for it even if we don't use it we should Get it.....
Jimbo, you might want to rethink taking this complaint to your dealer because later on if you need them to service your bike you might not want to be known as the guy who complained about a plastic ziplock type bag under your seat that was missing and that probably no one else got too. Good service is more than a penny problem.

Maybe the manual was written before production happened and someone got it wrong and the assembly line never got the memo.

Reactions: KA8ZYZ and Saimerej

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good Point

Hate to win the battle but loose the war!

Reactions: KA8ZYZ

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mine was there and it is just a ziplock bag with the owners manaul in it. The tool kit bag next to the battery contained a wire helmet holder loop and a screwdriver with changeable shank.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
The document bag is the ziplock bag. It contains the owners manual and a safety riding pamphlet. It fits perfectly in the slot provided under the seat. Mine was given to me by the dealer along with the rest of the documents that came with the bike such as registration, sales slip, tire information, warranty, etc. This is just an assumption on my part but I believe this bag is probably added to the bike at the time of sale by some dealers and others place it under the seat at the time of assembly. Most of the documents I've received over the years on previous bikes have been given to me in various ways depending on the brand and dealership.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The document bag is the ziplock bag. It contains the owners manual and a safety riding pamphlet. It fits perfectly in the slot provided under the seat. Mine was given to me by the dealer along with the rest of the documents that came with the bike such as registration, sales slip, tire information, warranty, etc. This is just an assumption on my part but I believe this bag is probably added to the bike at the time of sale. Most of the documents I've received over the years on previous bikes have been given to me this way.
My dealer also handles the document bag and documents just like this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Document bag Honda $8,900 and no document bag ? Some did get peace of shcit

·
Registered
585 Posts
yes doc bag and tools were pathetic. Better off with my ziplock baggie.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts