CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lacking the equipment to do a mod like cobraguy I opted for the bolt on approach. Purchased these Kury Mini Boards and spline adapters for my wife so she can have a little more comfort. I had put them in her Shadow Aero which shares the same pegs as the CTX and she really liked them. Total cost apx 85.00

SEE POST 154 STARTED BY DrDAVE ON PAGE 16 OF THIS THREAD FOR STEP BY STEP HOW TO INSTALL PHOTOS

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow those look really good !
My husband said to ask you if you have a part number and where did you buy them ?
He also wanted to know what the spline thing was and if you had a part number for that also thank you !

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Lacking the equipment to do a mod like cobraguy I opted for the bolt on approach. Purchased these Kury Mini Boards and spline adapters for my wife so she can have a little more comfort. I had put them in her Shadow Aero which shares the same pegs as the CTX and she really liked them. Total cost apx 85.00

I knew someone would investigate and come up with standard items that fit for footing changes. CEETEEX you are resourceful. Good work and sharing will help many on this forum.

now we have two alternatives that have shown up and in such a short time too.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No road test yet but they have the same height clearance and are about the same width as the factory pegs. Raining all weekend, will update but visually looks like a lot of clearance to me. Frame lower on the Shadow and really had to push it hard for them to scrape. Also they do retract just like the factory pegs.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I really like them, but I'll have to consider cost versus benefit on those puppies. Guess it depends on how uncomfortable the stock pegs are to me for my 40 minute, one-way commute. At any rate, I've bookmarked them to my shopping folder for future reference. Thanks for the links.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pix and the links. Nice looking as well. Was the installation difficult?
f
The only hard part is trimming about 3/16 off the inside factory spring with a Dremmel to make installing the adapters easier.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Foot pegs

Does anybody know if kuryakyn or anybody else make foot pegs that will fit on the bike? I'd rather not start cuttin' and welding on a new bike. I'd like a mini board style for the 5'2" wife.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought kuryakyn p/n 4357 (Floorboard) with splined Peg mounts Adapters (p/n 8815). I will receive them today, I will let you know if they were a right fit or not.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just bought kuryakyn p/n 4357 (Floorboard) with splined Peg mounts Adapters (p/n 8815). I will receive them today, I will let you know if they were a right fit or not.
Those boards will work, they use the same splined adapters I used. They just have two more lower adjustment options. A word of advice, remove the original pegs SLOWLY and take notice of the spring orientation. It will be next to impossible to install the adapters unless you trim about 3/16 off the long straight portion of the spring with a dremmel or good cutters.

Please post a photo when you have your boards installed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks everyone! I'm 5'2 and the shift lever is a little hard to reach! I might give these a try! Love my new bike!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Thanks everyone! I'm 5'2 and the shift lever is a little hard to reach! I might give these a try! Love my new bike!!!!!!

you can adjust the shift lever up or down with the adjustable shiny rode running from it to the transmission arm. This could help you.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you think these will work for the passenger pegs as well?
Yes but you would need different spline adapters. I would be willing to bet the Shadow adapters would work from the passenger application but I would go to the dealer and compare the bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have been asked multiple times about these Kury boards so I am gonna bump this thread to the top for new members who have not read older threads

·
Registered
139 Posts
Since jinete seems to be MIA, attached is a pic of the 4357 boards I just installed. Couldn't get the pin through the mounts with springs inserted even after trimming so goodbye springs. I used the mounting holes that move the board rearward as much as possible.

If I hang my boot heel off the rear edge of the board (like you would a footpeg) it's effectively moving the foot position back a whopping 5 and a half inches - into standard riding position territory (yippee!). I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam. In this new riding position my knees still have room under the fairing. When lifting to reach for the rear brake or shifter the knees sometimes lightly bump the fairing. Hence, if you have more than a 30" inseam and a faired bike I would not recommend these boards. The minis would be a better choice.

The new seating position will take some getting used to relative to using the controls but when cruising it feels much more comfortable and natural to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the mini boards and can't get the pin through with the trimmed spring either. I put the original pegs back on and had no problem putting the pins in with the spring. I wondered if leaving the springs out would have a major effect on them. Any problem if I do leave them out?

Reactions: nalla47
1 - 20 of 253 Posts