CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought my '14 ctx700n and after a couple of rides on the freeway found out that i wished i had another set of driver footpegs further back than stock on which to rest my feet. since i couldn't find anything on the internet i made a set of my own. they work great and were cheap and easy to make and install. here's a couple of pics:
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive wheel system Machine Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
1,031 Posts
Looks good. Any other pics of the bracket you made?

·
Super Moderator
3,390 Posts
Well done! Folks can add this method to the ones I have published before via the 2nd entry in my signature below. Yours does not require drilling and tapping and as an added benefit, even works with the stock muffler in place.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like your setup. I would also like to see the bracket and the model of pegs. Would you be willing to make these for people if the would pay for your effort?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like your setup. I would also like to see the bracket and the model of pegs. Would you be willing to make these for people if the would pay for your effort?
the longer bracket piece is 8", the shorter one is 5.5". both are made from a piece of steel strap 1" wide by 1/4" thick, from home depot(6.00$). the pegs are Bikemaster from the bike shop($10.00)
the drilled holes are 5/16" for the pegs and the rear hole. you'll need a bolt longer than stock for the rear. the front hole is 1/4" and goes right over the small stock bolt that holds the lower plastic cover on.. very simple for the diy guy with a hacksaw and a drill. keep in mind that i'm 5'6" tall and these fit me perfectly. if you're much taller these probably will be too high up to be comfortable for any length of time unless you measure for the best placement and adjust the length of the brackets accordingly. have at it!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
just bought my '14 ctx700n and after a couple of rides on the freeway found out that i wished i had another set of driver footpegs further back than stock on which to rest my feet. since i couldn't find anything on the internet i made a set of my own. they work great and were cheap and easy to make and install. here's a couple of pics:
View attachment 89080 View attachment 89081 View attachment 89082
I just lived with the odd/unnatural position of the pegs and adjusted faster than I expected. But now I'm working on a set of retractable safe wheels for stops and starts. Can't hold 'em up like a I could yrs back and a lift kit for lifting up the bike if it falls over. Can't pick it up nowadays either. I hope to have the lift kit online by end of year.
I love this bike. this makes my 19th for life.

·
Registered
90 Posts
the longer bracket piece is 8", the shorter one is 5.5". both are made from a piece of steel strap 1" wide by 1/4" thick, from home depot(6.00$). the pegs are Bikemaster from the bike shop($10.00)
the drilled holes are 5/16" for the pegs and the rear hole. you'll need a bolt longer than stock for the rear. the front hole is 1/4" and goes right over the small stock bolt that holds the lower plastic cover on.. very simple for the diy guy with a hacksaw and a drill. keep in mind that i'm 5'6" tall and these fit me perfectly. if you're much taller these probably will be too high up to be comfortable for any length of time unless you measure for the best placement and adjust the length of the brackets accordingly. have at it!

Thanks for the info. I might try this and see if I like it better than my setup now.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
View attachment 89080 View attachment 89081 View attachment 89082
Curious; did you have a different CTX before this one?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just looking at some older posts where a faired model is mentioned.
you're right. a few years ago i bought a used faired model from an ex cop. he had made some rather strange mods to the bike that i thought i could live with. but after a bit i decided that i didn't want to do so many work arounds to make it "mine" and i sold the bike. this one is bone stock with only 4,000 miles on it. also, the other one was white, this one is red(the fastest color). the footpegs and the madstad windshield are probably the only add-ons i'm planning on. oh yeah, i also ordered a center stand for the bike. (n) to honda for not including one. yeah, like they care,right?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
you're right. a few years ago i bought a used faired model from an ex cop. he had made some rather strange mods to the bike that i thought i could live with. but after a bit i decided that i didn't want to do so many work arounds to make it "mine" and i sold the bike. this one is bone stock with only 4,000 miles on it. also, the other one was white, this one is red(the fastest color). the footpegs and the madstad windshield are probably the only add-ons i'm planning on. oh yeah, i also ordered a center stand for the bike. (n) to honda for not including one. yeah, like they care,right?
Yep, most motorcyclists with chain drive or even belt drive, understand the benefits of a centerstand.(y)
Thank goodness, for us CTX owners; Honda did use a frame that was designed to add a centerstand, which should have been offered at least, as an accessory.;) (I only discovered this thru our Forum, years ago. TY for your "mid ship pegs" post, alternate foot positions can be very welcome on longer rides.:))

1 - 17 of 17 Posts