CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot of the threads on installing mid pegs. I won't be using them to get on and off the bike so my question is: will 8mm pegs be fine for just resting my feet?

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a very small folding aluminum peg on just the left side solely for getting on so I can swing my leg over my backrest. It supports my 175 Lb. with no problem so I think it would be strong enough. Adding one to the right side requires a mod or leaving the heat shield off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Or I can cut away part of the heat shield. Well see when I receive the pegs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have read a lot of the threads on installing mid pegs. I won't be using them to get on and off the bike so my question is: will 8mm pegs be fine for just resting my feet?

Thanks, Bob
Ask Bob Witte who posted above with the trike photos. I installed mid pegs and he told exactly what used pegs to buy and they screwed right in, easy peasy. I am on the road at this time or I could give you the exact info. I love them . They are great especially on longer trips. Go for it.

·
Super Moderator
3,343 Posts
Ask Bob Witte who posted above with the trike photos. I installed mid-pegs and he told me exactly what used pegs to buy and they screwed right in, easy peasy. I am on the road at this time or I could give you the exact info. I love them. They are great, especially on longer trips. Go for it.
Unless you weigh more than 400 pounds, the 8mm version pegs should last longer than you will.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never used a tap or die. My neighbor was nice enough to loan a 10mm tap. Is it easy? OR can I run 8mm from the back of the frame? There are a lot of 8mm with the bolt screwing into the peg NOT the peg screwing into the frame?

·
Super Moderator
3,343 Posts
I have never used a tap or die. My neighbor was nice enough to loan a 10mm tap. Is it easy? OR can I run 8mm from the back of the frame? There are a lot of 8mm with the bolt screwing into the peg NOT the peg screwing into the frame?
Prep yourself by watching a few youtube vids on proper technique! It is easier than you think to break a tap.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I am thinking for just using 8mm and using the bolt from the back of the frame vs going from the outside of frame, therefore no tapping.

·
Super Moderator
3,343 Posts
Thanks. I am thinking for just using 8mm and using the bolt from the back of the frame vs going from the outside of frame, therefore no tapping.
True enough. The tap was only needed because of increasing the hole to 12mm vice the stock 8mm. 😎

·
Registered
331 Posts
Unless you weigh more than 400 pounds, the 8mm version pegs should last longer than you will.
Hi Bob, Nice to hear from you again. I am considering moving my existing mid-pegs so that I can put the OEM muffler back on. I still have on the muffler you sent me and it has served me well but I am looking to go a little quieter. I know you explained how to drill into the frame to put on new mid- pegs somewhere here in the Forum. Could you let me know what it is under. thanks again. Hope you are well and doing fine.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hi Bob, Nice to hear from you again. I am considering moving my existing mid-pegs so that I can put the OEM muffler back on. I still have on the muffler you sent me and it has served me well but I am looking to go a little quieter. I know you explained how to drill into the frame to put on new mid- pegs somewhere here in the Forum. Could you let me know what it is under. thanks again. Hope you are well and doing fine.
I think this is it:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes, that was it, but sadly, my systems all demand that the OEM shroud for the stock exhaust be out of the way. 😢
Thanks Bob, I guess I'll stick with what I have as it works perfectly and I can definitely live without the OEM muffler 💛 (y)
I think this is it:

Thanks for posting:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts