CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not quite sure where to start but I noticed not too long ago that there was coolant leaking from the water pump. I couldn't see with the pump still attached if it was a leak or coming from the bleed hole but it was only coming out while riding. I changed my coolant yesterday and took the water pump off to inspect it and could tell from dried coolant that it was coming from the bleed hole. All of the seals look good, the pump looks good, nothing seems out of place but then when I went to put the old coolant into a container for disposal I noticed sparkling at the bottom and it was metal flecks and not just a few but a staggering amount of metal. The water pump has no signs of anything foul, nor does the radiator. What could be going on?

·
Registered
664 Posts
This is a common concern and is on lots of forums for many brands. Consensus was if it is flakes or specks, no need to worry. If they are larger than glitter or shavings it could be the impeller or bearing. In either case, flush and refill seems to be a 50 50 solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts