CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paid another visit to the showroom late Saturday to find the matt black CTX still there. Had a camera this time, plus made up some cardboard height gauges to check the possibility of fitting the Integra centre-stand. Staff were anxious to close for the day and the sun was streaming in through the windows, but I managed a few shots.
Once home and viewing the photos on the computer, I spotted a few minor points. There is a small part near the seat that appears to be gloss black. I didn't notice at the time if it was a piece of black tape to cover a scratch, or poor alignment of masking tape. Could it be that this is just a quick spray of matt over an otherwise standard black bike? Also, while I asked the salesman to hold the bike vertical while I lay on the floor, I couldn't see how accurate he was. The higher CG on the Integra could mean he had it a little closer towards him, for the bikes safety and mine.
I'll pay another visit in a week or two, mid-week and earlier in the day to see what else has arrived.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Where are you located? I am guessing Europe or Asia with the Integra. Does it have a center stand and are the side measurements the same as far as width between mount holes. In frame? Tks

·
Registered
892 Posts
I just held my NC700X Center Stand up to my wifes CTX and the mount holes are all the same. It will fit the bike but just a little tall since the frame on the NCX is taller. Someone (probably me soon) can just cut the center stand and re-weld some feet on the ends for the proper length. I plan on ordering another center stand made for the NCX and doing this on my wifes bike. Maintenance will be much easier for cleaning, lubing the chain and removal of the wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I just held my NC700X Center Stand up to my wifes CTX and the mount holes are all the same. It will fit the bike but just a little tall since the frame on the NCX is taller. Someone (probably me soon) can just cut the center stand and re-weld some feet on the ends for the proper length. I plan on ordering another center stand made for the NCX and doing this on my wifes bike. Maintenance will be much easier for cleaning, lubing the chain and removal of the wheel.
I am thinking ordering an Integra Center Stand may be a direct fit with no mods required. If we could get the direct height comparison we would know for sure.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Could it be that this is just a quick spray of matt over an otherwise standard black bike?
My guess is that it is a matte black vinyl wrap. It's inexpensive to do, reversible, gives a great finish, and is very popular right now. Simple way to get a matte finish in any shade you want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The CTX700N has a ground clearance 5.1 in(130mm).The NC700SA sold in canada has a ground clearance of 5.5 in(140mm).I think the center stand of the SA model should work as the diference is only about 3/8 of an inch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Honda Canada part no for thr NC700SA center stand is 08M70-MGS-C60.As these are world bikes I assume the part no should be the same everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
THANKS. Do you possibly have a link to the Integra parts diagram? I will also need hardware. I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I am actually trying to find the part number for the Integra information. Can anyone provide a link to the Honda Integra or NC700D as it is referred to? Thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
CEETEEX, if you haven't already, you might try asking for the information on the NC700 forum. Someone might be able to help you there.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I have seen affordable NC700x center stands on ebay. A new one is 247.00 problem is it would need to be cut. With the Integra Scooter sharing the same frame and lower clearance like the CTX I feel it will be a direct bolt on. I guess I will join the Ingtegra forum and seek their help.

At this point with a center stand and hardware costing in the area of 200-250 I may just revisit buying the RG brackets and spools and a good stand. Cheaper, less of a headache.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Integra scooter is not sold in Canada as far as I know. For a parts diagram you would have to find a site in the UK or europe.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I only paid $143.00 with free shipping for a new center stand on ebay for the NC700X. That amount you saw is way out of the usual price range.
I understand what your saying about the Integra stand. I was just giving out other options in case that doesn't pan out for you. Hope it does as that would make it much easier as long as the price is ok.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Other stands may be just a bit taller, but that should still be ok. In fact several cheap, used Honda stands could be made to work with little modification.
Through necessity, I found a way to get my 82 CBX onto the centre-stand without assistance, when other younger, taller and stronger guys failed. I had dropped the forks through the yokes to reduce seat height and sharpen up the steering, but that made it even more difficult to get the bike up onto the stand.
Most people hold the left bar with one hand and a pillion grab rail with the other, then risk a hernia with all the heaving and grunting. Instead, I reached under the tank for the frame rail with my left hand, and it was a piece of cake. I even offered the bike a free gift to a couple (without telling them the secret of course) The girl rushed at the chance but couldn't manage it, so I let her partner (my bike-racer son) have a go. To my relief he also failed to take into account the dropped forks.

This CTX has an exposed frame that is easy to grab from several places, so I reckon the smallest girl will be able to manage using this method. A shame about the stylish and expensive grab rail which looks to me to be too far back, and a classic case of fashion before function. In fairness, I've yet to see one in the flesh to try.
All this is MOO (My Opinion Only)
PS to CeeTeeX...If I change my handle to "Crocodile Dundee" is that a clue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
For maintenance,if the center stand is a little too long,you could run the rear wheel on to a board for extra height.It should be easy to lift on the center stand from there.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Plasti-Dip Matte Black is also good about adhering to anything I've tried w/o the necessity of dulling the finish; even the shiny chrome CTX muffler will hold plasti-dip and the heat hasn't melted or faded it. Looks factory, but yet, like Nikodeemus stated, it's easy to remove anytime you want. Alot of folks use it to cover the shiny, chrome, manufacturer emblems on their cages to give them that more rugged, blacked-out, outdoorsy look. If they get a little over spray on the cage finish, they just wipe it off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts