CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from Madstad engineering. They are having a 15% off sale on their windshields. My wife and I have them on our naked models and they are... OK. It's good to have a windshield for highway riding, but this was not life-changing. I also have their lowers on my bike, but I don't notice a difference with them. Plus, I had to take them off to put on my R-Gaza engine guards. I wouldn't buy them again. If you're on the fence about buying Madstad's, this might help.

MadStad Motorcycle Windshields

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thnks for the heads up. I badly want an effective screen for my CTX700N, been on the fence about Madstad-- at twice the price of others. But nothing else I am aware of is purpose made for the CTX 700N. I realize aftermarket windscreens are a total crapshoot :cautious:

·
Registered
2017 CTX 700D
14 Posts
I have the faired ctx and bought the 22" madstad with lowers. I was experiencing a bad helmet buffeting at 60 mph+. I tried the puig screen first but it didn't solve the issue. Now some will not approve but I look through the Madstad screen but it completely solved the buffeting issue. I've seen pictures of the tall Madstad screens on the 700N on used bikes in my area but haven't ridden one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think, given the price difference, Madstad to others, I may try the Cee Bailey, Seems to be more 700N owners prefer that one, based on my entirely unscientific research. I may just keep the naked and get a full faired bike for longer (hiway) rides. Perfectly normal to have two bikes, right? :cool:

·
Registered
2017 CTX 700D
14 Posts
I don't think Cee Bailey is in the motorcycle windshield business anymore, at least that was the case when I was shopping. And yes, I think having multiple bikes is the best solution 👌
With some luck I hope you can maybe find a used Cee Bailey that suits you, good luck!

·
Registered
925 Posts
EdC is correct: Cee Bailey no longer makes motorcycle windshields. And even when they did, they never made a shield to fit the N model, only for the fairing model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts