CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I have: 2014 full fairing auto model, 1 set of JFC brackets, will probably be ordering the Ebay $185 hard cases and a Corbin low seat. I already have a Givi V46 top box with passenger backrest in near perfect condition but not installed as that is where my issue is. From what i understand the JFC brackets are not a match for the Givi 1133FZ brackets or at least without some type of mods to either or both. I prefer to stay with the Givi V46 since it is paid for, seems sized right for our bikes, and I love their products.

Question 1 - has anyone else been in this situation and know a solution via some modifications.
Question 2 - If this is simply not doable, would the Givi 1131 brackets work on the the D, not N model?
Question 3- Is there some other solution I am not even considering.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have the OEM Honda luggage rack bolted on under home made brackets that look almost like the JFC brackets. One option that might work is the Mutazu copy of the Honda luggage rack. I have the Bestem top box mount plate bolted to the rack. Since the box has the backrest you can get just the rack, see the bottom of the Mutazu page.
*Set up only (side plates & luggage rack) $159.00 ($30 price adjustment made during processing, please send a "set up only" note during processing)
Mutazu Sissy Bar Backrest & Luggage Rack for 2014 2015 Honda CTX 700N
Or you can get the whole thing on Ebay for $99.00 sold by Mutazu.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
What I have: 2014 full fairing auto model, 1 set of JFC brackets, will probably be ordering the Ebay $185 hard cases and a Corbin low seat. I already have a Givi V46 top box with passenger backrest in near perfect condition but not installed as that is where my issue is. From what i understand the JFC brackets are not a match for the Givi 1133FZ brackets or at least without some type of mods to either or both. I prefer to stay with the Givi V46 since it is paid for, seems sized right for our bikes, and I love their products.

Question 1 - has anyone else been in this situation and know a solution via some modifications.
Question 2 - If this is simply not doable, would the Givi 1131 brackets work on the the D, not N model?
Question 3- Is there some other solution I am not even considering.

Thanks in advance.
The key is that the GIVI bracket and the JFC Bracketz are not compatible. If you are dead set on the GIVI top case, probably your best option is to go with GIVI side cases like @dgall is showing here. They look pretty good, and probably has mounting hardware available that is compatible with the top case. You can sell your JFC Bracketz on here. Plenty of interest.
By the way, the rear luggage mounting architecture is the same for all CTX700 models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a few more things. Viking Lamellar Large Black Hard Saddlebags message 48 shows a Givi top box and intended Viking Bags which since I first posted dropped to $410 w/free shipping and no tax on Ebay (search Viking Bags #12340 on Ebay) and for that price I pulled the trigger. If I have to go without topbox I will but prefer to press on and at least try. dgall, thanks for Matazu tip. I found the same thing on Amazon for $172.00 Amazon.com: Rear Rack Carrier With Backrest Hardware For Honda CTX700 (See Notes) #J91: Automotive I may go that route since returns to Amazon are easy if it does not work. Looking at the Mutazu arms, I "think" I can mount it first then JFC brackets on top of those, then handrails with longer bolts of course. So for now that is direction I am leaning.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
That should work. If you could go to a monolock GIVI top box, the universal mounting plate attaches easily to the Mutazu rear carrier. (I have that set up).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Professor, my Givi is a V46 which is monokey system. I also acquired a universal mounting plate that the V46 attaches to. That is what I have.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Professor, my Givi is a V46 which is monokey system. I also acquired a universal mounting plate that the V46 attaches to. That is what I have.
When you get the Mutazu rear carrier, you will have to use your mechanical ingenuity to attach your monokey mounting plate. If you need help then, show us a pic. Good luck.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I looked at your link for the rear rack on Amazon and a couple things to watch out for. People on the forum are happy with the Mutazu brand knock offs and others got burned buying other Chinese knock offs. They list the Mfg as Ego and brand Ego Bike the same people who are selling it. In the one star rating one customer said “The fit and finish is the worst I ever seen”. It says under add to cart “Ships from and sold by E-go bike LLC”. Amazons s policy is when you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller); your return is sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com. While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Amazon.com, some seller returns policies may vary. Any disputes on returns will be between you and the seller, not Amazon.
Amazon.com: Rear Rack Carrier With Backrest Hardware For Honda CTX700 (See Notes) #J91: Automotive

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dgall, Thanks for the heads up on knock offs. If I go the direction of Mutazu, I will order direct from them. Thanks to all for your input. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts