·
Premium Member
164 Posts
how do I find the date of manufacture?
I ordered mine 3-21-15, took possession 12 days later. VIN JH2RC6947FK100074

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
You will find a black and white vin tag on a frame component just above the cylinder head. The date of manufacture will be on that tag.
all I see there is 2015

(2nd edit, added 2nd pic)
didn't look high enough
DEC 2014

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Naked black dct
Manufactured 3/13
Purchased 8/13 in Jonestown, PA.

It would interest me greatly to know how many of these bikes have been made since the beginning, but have not found this info available anywhere.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
1270. Bought in April 2015 but it's a 2014 model.the sticker on the bike says 05/2013.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Vtom's is 100024 on his silver naked and mine is 100032 in a faired model. I placed the order for mine the day dealerships we able to take orders for the 2015s and waited months. I see we are both in the Sacramento area.
I wonder if each model gets its own set of numbers.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
December 18th, and got possession March 13th. Delayed at the dock because of the strike.
wow, that early huh?
I don't remember any dates, but I waited until the prices showed up on the website, slept on it for a week or so, sold my old bike, slept on it another week or so, went to the Honda store, got a quote, went to the other store that deals in multiple brands 4 days later, got a quote, slept it on one night, then ordered it 3-21-15. took possession 12 days later. Not whining, well maybe a little, I did the right thing for me, but in hindsight I coulda had it sooner :)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
wow, that early huh?
I don't remember any dates, but I waited until the prices showed up on the website, slept on it for a week or so, sold my old bike, slept on it another week or so, went to the Honda store, got a quote, went to the other store that deals in multiple brands 4 days later, got a quote, slept it on one night, then ordered it 3-21-15. took possession 12 days later. Not whining, well maybe a little, I did the right thing for me, but in hindsight I coulda had it sooner :)
Well the waiting was almost torture and I think we ended up getting ours around the same time anyways. I actually found it in August but couldn't decide if I wanted a fairing or not and when I decided on a fairing in early October they were nearly sold out and the only local one was marked up 1500 dollars over retail, so I had to wait. My dealer let me know in December she could put in an order but she didn't have a retail price yet. She only had her dealer price. At that point I didn't care and ordered it because I had waited long enough.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm proud to be 003!!!

·
Premium Member
370 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I got the renewed registration today and was looking at the VIN # the last 6 digits are consecutive unit numbers mine is 000017 so its number 17 off the line. That means there are only 16 CTX DCTs older than mine. It was purchased July of 2013.
Nice! I had #18.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts