CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to run some errands on today in Chicago. Temps around 34-38. Had to use the lowest setting with my gloves. Put about 30 miles on it.

Really happy with grips. Guess I'm gonna get the heated Corbin seat now.

·
Registered
329 Posts
soon to add hippo hands

I have both Honda heated grips now, AND Corbin with heated seat :) .

Waiting on the plastic portion of my powermadd hand protectors (bought mounts on ebay already). Mount those babies, and then I can add the ultimate in cold weather hand protection form all winter elements... hippohands!

I had them on my previous ride, 2005 VTX1800C, loaded. Used them in snow at 25' on highway 395 south, Eastern Sierra's. I can wear thinner normal gloves with hippohands, and with the grip heaters? TOASTY!

Reactions: chiprussell

·
Banned
463 Posts
Just in case you hadn't noticed.....395 is great road to ride.......in the summer.
Have gone that way several times to visit friends in Twain Harte.
Have gone down Sonora Pass in July.....on ice. No fun.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The grips are the one relatively cheap honda accessory....$50!

I wonder how hard they are to put on. I had heated grips on my last bike and it was fantastic...

·
Banned
463 Posts
Skully,
I think you left out a few things in pricing the Honda grip heaters.
It looks like the grips are $230, the attachment kit about 60 and you also need the accessory cable if you haven't already bought one for other accessories.
Total is over $300. If you have a dealer install them.....more money.

Reactions: Effem Tee

·
Registered
842 Posts
My $29 insulated and knuckle-padded riding gloves from Cycle Gear work just fine, down to 38 degrees on some winter mornings here in PHX. Pretty steep pricing, Vulcan; thanks for the tip off.

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f

·
Registered
267 Posts
Skully,
I think you left out a few things in pricing the Honda grip heaters.
It looks like the grips are $230, the attachment kit about 60 and you also need the accessory cable if you haven't already bought one for other accessories.
Total is over $300. If you have a dealer install them.....more money.
You are correct sir!

I think I might opt for a different route. I had the Oxford Hot Hands previously and loved them. However they fatten the grip and I was hoping for an under the rubber solution. I might just pick up the Oxfords and have a dealer install them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My $29 insulated and knuckle-padded riding gloves from Cycle Gear work just fine, down to 38 degrees on some winter mornings here in PHX. Pretty steep pricing, Vulcan; thanks for the tip off.

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f
Add a pair of Freeze-Out glove liners (from Cycle Gear) and I'm good to go to about 30 degrees.

I have heated grips on my Boulevard now. Not sure if I'll go that route on the CTX since we're now living in NC after a move from NY.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got to run some errands on today in Chicago. Temps around 34-38. Had to use the lowest setting with my gloves. Put about 30 miles on it.

Really happy with grips. Guess I'm gonna get the heated Corbin seat now.
Chip,

Is there a user manual or instructions for the CTX700 heated grips? How do they work?

Thank you,
R.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chip,

Is there a user manual or instructions for the CTX700 heated grips? How do they work?

Thank you,
R.
Not sure about the manual on the heated grips. But very simple to use. Press the button and the light will flash three times for the highest setting to lower it just press and release again and the lights will flash two times for middle setting, repeat and it will flash once for the lowest setting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts