CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or it maybe something for the international markets.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I think this is just the DCT model

I don't thinks so. Reread the article. It specifically states that it's a six-speed manual with ABS. I think that's the difference with the "T" designation. Without a letter designation, it's a standard tranny with standard brakes. With a "D" designation, it has both the DCT and ABS and with "T", one gets the ABS without the DCT.

My first thought was that this will be available in other markets. My guess would be that Honda will keep it from Americans (at least at first), so that they can persuade folks into choosing the DCT. You know--kind of holding ABS hostage so they can push the DCT. I think they want to kind of change our tastes for their future and ours. They need to build a high percentage of these in order to bring the cost per unit down. This way they can be more competitive on price, or conversely, start making more margin at the same price on the DCT models.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In other markets, they use the "T" designation on what we call the "fairing model", or CTX700N. They call it the touring model. So, while we have the CTX700 and CTX700N, they have the CTX700T and CTX700N.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't thinks so. Reread the article. It specifically states that it's a six-speed manual with ABS. I think that's the difference with the "T" designation. Without a letter designation, it's a standard tranny with standard brakes. With a "D" designation, it has both the DCT and ABS and with "T", one gets the ABS without the DCT.

My first thought was that this will be available in other markets. My guess would be that Honda will keep it from Americans (at least at first), so that they can persuade folks into choosing the DCT. You know--kind of holding ABS hostage so they can push the DCT. I think they want to kind of change our tastes for their future and ours. They need to build a high percentage of these in order to bring the cost per unit down. This way they can be more competitive on price, or conversely, start making more margin at the same price on the DCT models.
I think your right about this one. the CTX700 doesn't have a six speed manual with abs. So that might be another trim we might be getting from Honda.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think your right about this one. the CTX700 doesn't have a six speed manual with abs. So that might be another trim we might be getting from Honda.
it would be a great trim as it combines some of the greatest things to have on a motorcycle. something to have loads of fun with and something that goes a long way in keeping you safe when riding.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Technically, there's six versions, but not all are offered in all markets, which you can tell if you look at the manuals available. So, CTX700N = Naked manual without ABS, CTX700NA = Naked manual with ABS, and CTX700ND = Naked auto with ABS. CTX700 or CTX700T = Fairing manual without ABS, CTX700A or CTX700TA = Fairing manual with ABS, and CTX700D or CTX700TD = Fairing auto with ABS.

·
Registered
975 Posts
If I'm reading the Canadian, Honda Powersports website correctly, Canadians have the following options with respect to the CTX700N and CTX700T (really no options):

The CTX700N is offered in only black; manual transmission only; ABS; CAN$ 8,499

The CTX700 (comparable U.S.) is denoted as CTX700T; only in red; manual transmission only; ABS; CAN $8,999.

The part I'm confused about is ABS. I see that both models include ABS standard, but that this feature is hidden away in the Chassis/Suspension section of the website that one can't even see unless he or she expands that portion of the "features" section.

Is ABS mandatory in Canada, or is there some other reason why Honda is not touting that these models come standard with ABS?

Honda Motorcycle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts