CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Kim! The CTX with the DCT is a great choice for a starter bike, the ones with manual transmission are good also if that's what you are looking for. Let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Kim! The CTX with the DCT is a great choice for a starter bike, the ones with manual transmission are good also if that's what you are looking for. Let us know what you find.
Another welcome & ditto CTX2fer! Manual or DCT, these bikes have a whole lot going for them, imho. My '15 was not "used" much, has DCT...and after 40+ years since my first bike...this one is a long haul keeper!(y)
Lots of info/opinions/nice folks here...highly recommend professional MSF type training...learning is a life long endeavor, on the road that is not always smooth.;)
Best Wishes!

·
Registered
5 Posts
New to Forum in Chicago IL area. Looking for my first bike; was told this is an excellent starter choice! Gently used with low miles if possible. Willing to have shipped if needed...
Thx!
Kim
There is a 2015 CTX700 DCT for sale here in Binghamton NY. The dealer had a '15 and a '16, and I just bought the '16! The business is binghamtonhonda.net although they do not have their inventory listed online. You can call and talk to Rob. If I recall, the '15 had only about 1800 miles on it. It would need new tires to pass inspection here in NY, at least the front. He thinks maybe the previous owner was riding it with low tire pressure, because it surely doesn't have many miles on it. They're asking $6500 for it firm.

I just purchased the '16 CTX700 yesterday, after I sold the Honda Rebel I owned for 2 years learning to ride. I love this upgrade to the CTX. It's a really nice ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for the info! Hopefully will find one soon. looking forward to riding soon😊

·
Registered
17 Posts
New to Forum in Chicago IL area. Looking for my first bike; was told this is an excellent starter choice! Gently used with low miles if possible. Willing to have shipped if needed...
Thx!
Kim
Thx for the info! Hopefully will find one soon. looking forward to riding soon😊
I have a 2015 CTX700 DCT for sale. I bought it new. Excellent condition with 6674 miles and many extras. I'm in central Iowa. (515) 370-0225

·
Registered
12 Posts
2016 DCT with 6100 miles it’s listed In FB market place for $6300. If you have $5500 you can have it. In mint condition clear title. Few extras.
Atlanta metro area.
404- three one zero 67eight five.
Feel free to call or [email protected] net
I bought it for my son, but he wants ninja.
I refuse to buy a coffin for my own son and at the end he is getting nothing. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thx!
Kim
I have one for sale in Colorado. 15,000 miles. Many extras. Excellent condition. Beautiful red. The whole touring package. Saddle bags with liners, heated grips, etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thx!
Kim
Hi Kim I posted 2014 (new) 2014 CTX700DCT ABS Candy Apple Red on forum earlier today. The bike is in excellent condition and never ridden. I am in North East NY state.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also from the Chicago area. While not exactly a new rider, I bought a used 2015 CTX about 3 years ago. I love it still. I had a fair amount of riding experience when younger (dirt bikes, etc.) but hadn't ridden in 20 years. I agree with the other poster who suggested the MSF class. I took one before buying and it really is worth the time/money. You'll like the CTX, it's not too big, and not too small. I call it my goldilocks bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm also from the Chicago area. While not exactly a new rider, I bought a used 2015 CTX about 3 years ago. I love it still. I had a fair amount of riding experience when younger (dirt bikes, etc.) but hadn't ridden in 20 years. I agree with the other poster who suggested the MSF class. I took one before buying and it really is worth the time/money. You'll like the CTX, it's not too big, and not too small. I call it my goldilocks bike.
I had taken it about 3years ago & got my license, but never got a bike. I signed up to take it again since I'm ready to buy now. Need that refresher 😊

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thx!
Kim
It looks as if you have some great leads on a bike! I bought my bike a few weeks ago on Facebook Marketplace. I found one about an hour away. There are others listed on Marketplace, so there's another idea if you need one. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts