CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new here and just bought a 2016 CTX 700 with 399 miles. Looking to put some engine guard/crash bars on the front . Also looking for advice about a top case for the helmet since this will be my commuter. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Thank you.
Any ideas where to find the blue side cases OEM? All I can find is white.
Discontinued. You may be able to find the nc700 bags in the right color as they are the same bags but with different mounting hardware.

Personally, I would go with something that is on the market and has a history of staying around.... I have SHAD on my fairing model.

·
Super Moderator
1,031 Posts
I'm not sure those TREX luggage guards would help with bags other than the factory ones.

Anyone have them with larger cases/bags?

·
Registered
Ash - 2016 700ND
46 Posts
Welcome to the forum! And is your CTX faired or naked? That's a factor when considering engine guards.

I'd also go with the SHAD top case. I have an SH 37 in part because I could make it fit to the standard luggage rack that came with my bike and because I thought it would not be disproportionately large to my unfaired model. It fits a full face helmet plus some stuff. I could have gone up to the SH 39 or even the 40. I believe the general rule is to go bigger when in doubt. IMHO, the 50 is waaaay too big for the naked version.

As far as the engine guards, there are cheaper guards for the naked version. Here's Ash again to demonstrate.
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I have the T-Rex front and rear crash bars and I have other aftermarket bags.
They seem to work just fine for me.
You can see, in the picture with my wife's foot, how much protection they do afford the bags and the legs of the passenger. They are great for my application.

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Wheel
Wheel Sky Tire Fuel tank Plant
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I'm not sure those TREX luggage guards would help with bags other than the factory ones.

Anyone have them with larger cases/bags?
I have seen them here w/"soft" luggage, other fitment is an open question. I believe that in a "tip over/drop", the luggage guards & only the handlebar end and/or a lever, would touch down. (wise to carry spare levers)
(note for internet: t-rex-racing.com);)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all. My CTX is a blue faired model. I was looking at the shad top case since I want to store my Shoei in there. I keep looking for the Shad’s with brake lights but they seem to be out of stock. What’s the big difference between the rubber pad and the soft pad that you can get with the shad.

@rossmcgrath, what kind of aftermarket side bags are those, they look really nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts