CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting back to the CTX700. I sold mine in June and have regretted it since it was loaded on the trailer.

I have found one near me that, based on the pictures sent to me, it was put down on the right side. The exhaust is missing, the mirror on that side is gone, there are scratches on the plastic below the driver seat, scratched on the engine parts on that side and there is a serious dent in the rear rim. That dent is my biggest concern. It appears that the tire hit something hard.

If it did hit a curb or something hard, what other damage would occur other than that dent? I know I will have to replace the rim but what else could go wrong back there?

Thanks for your help - I hope I am back as an owner VERY SOON.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
295 Posts
If I am in your shoes I will try to run away from this deal since you are buying someone else's problems. It is hard to know the extent of the damage caused by this accident, hence it is hard to estimate what needs to be replaced or fixed until you ride it for a while. Cosmetics is not a big deal, but to know what else suffered as the result of this accident may take some time. It is better, in my opinion, to buy one that hasn't been involved in an accident and offers you many miles trouble-free. My 2 cents amigo.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If I am in your shoes I will try to run away from this deal since you are buying someone else's problems. It is hard to know the extent of the damage caused by this accident, hence it is hard to estimate what needs to be replaced or fixed until you ride it for a while. Cosmetics is not a big deal, but to know what else suffered as the result of this accident may take some time. It is better, in my opinion, to buy one that hasn't been involved in an accident and offers you many miles trouble-free. My 2 cents amigo.
100% agreement with Hondafan. Look for a bike that isn't a wreck and that you can ride without worrying about what small but serious damages may be hidden in the bike that you need to trust to carry you safely home.

And welcome back to the world of the CTX again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For all you know a truck could have backed over it, twisted frame can ruin your day. Keep looking and avoid this one.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Agree, unless the owner is willing to pay a dealer for an assessment of damage and repair. Plastics can be replaced, damage to engine parts and exhaust are problematic.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The only way I would consider that bike, obviously being sold as is, would be for parts for a different CTX I would buy. I would tell the person not to be insulted by my lowball offer, but would give $500 to take it off his hands. Welcome back and good luck with your search for a new ride.

·
Registered
917 Posts
@Antlers129, I have a 2014 DCT N model that I am preparing to sell because I'm not riding it enough.

I'm down south of you, in Greene County, near Hunter Mountain.

The worst issue my bike has is some cosmetic scratches.

Send me a PM if you'd like to discuss. I could use the space in my garage before winter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help. I have passed on it. I went and looked at it in person and it was pretty rough on one side and perfect on the other!

If anyone runs across a DCT that is REASONABLY priced, keep me in mind.

·
Registered
917 Posts
PM sent.

My bike *IS a DCT model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the help. I have passed on it. I went and looked at it in person and it was pretty rough on one side and perfect on the other!

If anyone runs across a DCT that is REASONABLY priced, keep me in mind.
Hi i have a 2014 apple red, 0 miles, garaged and on lift. I have never ridden this bike (NEW) because i cared for my elderly Mom for several years. If you are interested pm me. I have offered this bike before and others made negative comments, or no one replied with interest. RhedRyder

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi i have a 2014 apple red, 0 miles, garaged and on lift. I have never ridden this bike (NEW) because i cared for my elderly Mom for several years. If you are interested pm me. I have offered this bike before and others made negative comments, or no one replied with interest. RhedRyder
I messaged you

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am in the process of getting back to the CTX700. I sold mine in June and have regretted it since it was loaded on the trailer.

I have found one near me that, based on the pictures sent to me, it was put down on the right side. The exhaust is missing, the mirror on that side is gone, there are scratches on the plastic below the driver seat, scratched on the engine parts on that side and there is a serious dent in the rear rim. That dent is my biggest concern. It appears that the tire hit something hard.

If it did hit a curb or something hard, what other damage would occur other than that dent? I know I will have to replace the rim but what else could go wrong back there?

Thanks for your help - I hope I am back as an owner VERY SOON.
I'm in Queens thinking of going electric motorcycle you can see the Grey Ghost in my profile-interested?

·
Registered
369 Posts
$4599 OBO lithium battery Shad 45 top case Fehling brackets, recent oil change, Coffman shorty muffler 12 volt socket, garage kept newly installed clutch sensors and electronics by factory authorized service department. 7010 miles.
no hard drops

1 - 15 of 15 Posts