CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CTX700
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I've had a CTX700 for about 4 years now, and hadn't ridden it much until recently, after I sold 2 other bikes. Gas prices forced me to use it for my commute this summer, so I've been making some mods and adjustments to help with the ride.

I've read with interest the center stand mod, so I've got one that should be delivered today from Webike, and installing tonight.

Other than that, a Corbin Low seat, Cee Bailey 22" windshield, Madstad lowers, a USB port, throttle lock, Grip Puppies, and a cup holder are about all I've added to it. It's very capable in stock form, so I don't feel the need to go overboard. It still looks brand new with 2000 miles on it.

Thanks for having me, and for all the info I've gleaned already.

Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looks good & I love the helmet. The center stand spring can be a bear... If you have a small hydraulic jack use it to stretch the spring a bit and insert washers, quarters or something between coils to hold it stretched. After installation remove them. Good luck.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
680 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you've got a mount to a topcase, too... you've got a well-apportioned setup. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Super Moderator
1,031 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2015 CTX700
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice bike. How do you like the Corbin low seat? I’m thinking of getting one myself as the stock seat is literally a pain in the butt. Lol
I like it a lot. I can ride a couple hours without needing to stop for a few minutes. Could probably go longer, but a lower back issue makes me be more proactive.

·
Registered
2015 CTX700
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good & I love the helmet. The center stand spring can be a bear... If you have a small hydraulic jack use it to stretch the spring a bit and insert washers, quarters or something between coils to hold it stretched. After installation remove them. Good luck.
Didn’t have any issues. Used a ratchet strap, connected to the spring with a few zip ties. Once the spring was on, I cut the ties off.

·
Registered
2015 CTX700
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you've got a mount to a topcase, too... you've got a well-apportioned setup. Hope you enjoy it!
Yeah, it's got the case, but I never use it. I could put it on and leave my helmet in it, but the case is pretty flimsy, and it adds a bulky look to the back of the bike. I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to bikes, I prefer smaller and lighter. I've got a Vstar 1100 that's bigger than I like, but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. I'll probably sell that one, though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome! I've been very happy with my webike centre stand and stopper - put it on last year when I bought my CTX. I hear you on the commuting, trying to bring mine in to the office a couple days per week to save a little gas!

Reactions: huklbery
1 - 13 of 13 Posts