CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone noticed that there's holes for light bulbs on either side of the main headlight? They didn't come with my bike. Could this be a euro or Japanese thing? Wonder if they can be ordered? Help please? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
you got me curious so I went out and looked at my naked TX. I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you have the fairing model?

can you post a picture of the holes and which model you have?

·
Registered
90 Posts
He's right. When I was changing the windshield (faired model) I did notice what looked like the rubber boots (like the ones behind a light bulb socket) up around the head light area. Didn't investigate as I was in a hurry.

Next time I'm in there I'll snap pics.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
He's right. When I was changing the windshield (faired model) I did notice what looked like the rubber boots (like the ones behind a light bulb socket) up around the head light area. Didn't investigate as I was in a hurry.

Next time I'm in there I'll snap pics.

I looked twice from the front into the headlight and don't see anything from the front side. Never had it apart so don't know what backside looks like.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, it's on the back side, inside the fairing. Nothing in the front but something is there inside. Might just be covering a bolt or adjustment screw. Who knows. It does look like something that would have a bulb on the other side.

I'll take pics.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, I was looking up from underneath he fairing and on the back of the headlight there is something. No wires running up there or anything though.

If I had to guess I would say it might be a spot for some euro turn signals.

Put some sockets in there, yellow bulbs, run the wires there instead of the stalk mounted turn signals; and presto -- euro turn signals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
lights

I have been thinking of extra driving lights
or fog lights as soon as I get some sockets (and time) LOL :)

I saw this the first day :cool:

Well after I got my 700 dct home I inspected it over and over until I
fell asleep under it Lol :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
My silverwing had these same knockout holes in the headlight assembly on each side of the main bulb. I found out the overseas models had bulbs in those areas, as verified by 2 different wiring harnesses available from places that show the exploded parts views on their websites, (similar to this...) 2014 Honda CTX700D A HEADLIGHT | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation

You'll see that item #3 is the dummy plug.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I believe what you guys are seeing is the overseas markets dont have seperate turn signals, they are integrated in to the fairing. It is this way on my PCX also. The US version of bikes requires external turn signals for all bikes from what I understand. I believe the same to be true with the brake light / turn signals. European models have one light with all three integrated in to one light on many models, where the US has seperate tail light and turn signals that extend outward from the tail light.

I was told once that the US mandates seperate turn signals be extended out away from fairings and tail lights. I do not know the required distance though.

By ordering the correct harness, you can remove the turn signals and keep them in the fairing. I dont know how the law may react, theres always that one cop that has a wild hair......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts