CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading mixed reviews, i decided to give this a try because I wanted to also have a functional foot brake.

http://www.tacticalmindz.com/collections/gp-tech-handbrake-kits/products/dual-fitting-rear-hand-brake-kit-1

I ordered this without the lhs brake master for $120 plus shipping since i already had this one from ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/171806076926

Cheap enough to throw away if it didn't work out.

There were complaints of leaks but many more said theirs worked good. Others had problems associated to improper bleeding of the brake system.

For stunt riders, this setup is not recommended because of rapid pad wear and overheating. They recommend using a four pistion caliper setup. I don't plan to use this for any stunting!

I'm happy to say the install was easy, straight forward and no leaks! Brakes functions just as advertised. I was provided with loc-tite #609 to seal the junction valve which goes in to the foot master where the resevoir was. The sealent required 24hrs to cure. For me, this worked out great and I'm totally pleased. The hard part that took the longest was figuring where to route the brake line.

I did have to cut the plastic cover for the foot master to run the brake line.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Good luck with it!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Ride well my friend. I have a superstition that I say say every time I start the engine. "Bless this bike and all who ride her". And make a sign if the cross with a circle around it overy the bas. Never even had a close call yet in over 100k. Not going to mess with my ride version of a rally hat for sure. :) Witnessed a fatal accident this morning. Suburban intersection. 5 cars and perhaps a pedestrian. The Buick was identifiable by the grille only. Worst mess I've ever seen. Three ambulances left without their sirens. Not good on a beautiful morning.

·
Registered
485 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the link Novac!
You’re welcome

This is what I needed to see. Very clever.

What model is the handbrake master you got from?
I posted the link in the first post but i see its no longer valid. I think the other thread has a link or info on where they got their lh master

Does it improve control/performance of the rear brake?
Yes, to me anyways, i love it. You can apply the rear brake from the hand or foot. Best of all, you keep your foot brake functional so no issues with safety checks.

Some have had issues with bleeding all the air out. I reversed bled my brakes with no problems, and all went good on the first try. I used a plastic syringe and short rubber hose to fill the fluid from the rear brake caliper bleed screw until it reached the lh brake master reservoir, then topped off the rest from there.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Do you recall which length line you got/used? It looks like you routed back and behind the cylinders and then up the left side of the bike.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Do you recall which length line you got/used? It looks like you routed back and behind the cylinders and then up the left side of the bike.
I just installed it routing just like Novac and the length was 56". It is just enough, not even one inch too much. Shorter one would have been too short.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks Maurimy. Are you all done with it now?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TLeventry, My brake line s 56”. Sorry for the late reply. Maurimy, have you got your parking brake figured out?

·
Registered
485 Posts
np. I was think of getting something like this for the park brake:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Attachments

·
Registered