CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are alot of guys and girls on here showing off all of their add ons and thats cool in its on right but I want to see those who have taken it the other direction. I like the stripped down versions personally. Lets see the sporty CTX's.

Here's mine.
Radiant Exhaust
License plate bracket trimmed
License plate light spacer removed
Logo radiator covers removed
LED headlight
All reflectors removed
No windshields
No fairings
No floorboards
No saddlebags
No storage bags
No usb
No gps
No bluetooth
No heated handgrips
All motorcycle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,394 Posts
Naked?? You want naked???

Here's a shot of my CTX early on in the trike conversion process. Except for a couple of pieces left on the engine itself, every piece of tupperware had been removed in order to shoot the blue metal flake paint job. You can't get much more naked and still ride it (and yes, I did ride it a few times in this condition!:eek:):

·
Super Moderator
3,394 Posts
Bob, that is a nice looking muffler on your bike. What is it originally from?
Actually, it is an aftermarket "frankenstein" I put together from other parts. I only used it until I installed the trike kit because the kit came with a muffler that slung under the axle tube. There's a baffled 12" shorty from one place plus a turned down extension from another and a chromed hanger from a third.

I have about $60 into it but since it looks like I'll be staying with the Yelvington's muffler, I'll let this setup go for say $45 plus shipping. PM me if interested to arrange.
:)

·
Super Moderator
3,394 Posts
Bob, thanks for the offer. If I hadn't bought the Coffman exhaust, I would jump on it.
That's okay. I only mentioned it just in case. Maybe someone else can use it. I passed on keeping it because it was pointing down at the axle.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
**** YEAH - I like!

I guess there's two of us here who don't want to convert the CTX into a poor-man's mini-harley with the floorboards and all that other garbage.

Nice!

·
Super Moderator
3,394 Posts
Poor thing must have been cold XD Never rode like this, just needed to remove the colored panels to change from her red to green.
Early on, my trike (then 2 wheeler) was stripped down even more than yours is right now. Just roll up to Post #2 in this thread to see it. Even though not totally street legal, it rode just fine!:)

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's actually not photo of me, just a dude off the Internet. But yes, I need to lose at least 20 lbs. too, I'm 210 lbs at 5'8" . You lost 60? WOW! That's great.

Haha cool. Yeah, thanks. It was a lot of hard work, but totally worth it. It's tough when you (me) was a veteran in all kinds of good shape, then I settled down, got married, and got sedentary. I've always been a big guy, but it was different when the big was muscle in my 20s and early 30s.

I hate having my picture taken, but if I can find some before and after shots, I'll post them up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.